Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinefossil rimhi expressfamily reunionwould definitely stay here againgeneral managerhotel staffyogurtbreakfast roomevery staff memberbeds were comfortablemeeting roomsausagedinosaur valley state parksmall townchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stay here! Pass everywhere else! This is a good hotel! Nice folks, clean rooms, good location, and very quiet! Enough said! Stay here!

Room Tip: Upper floors on the south side have a nice view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zylon R
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your great review! It's always wonderful to hear from our happy guests and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We'd love to welcome you back again any time.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The staff says this hotel is four years old but still looks and smells new. Hotel is nicely decorated which makes it feel more upscale. The staff was friendly and helpful. The king bed was comfy and the room spacious. Breakfast is average, nothing special, but coffee, tea and Swiss Miss hot chocolate was available all the time in the dining area.

I used the fitness room which didn't look like it got many visitors; there were two treadmills, an elliptical and a bike, all nice equipment. Towels and water, a TV and a scale were also available.

There's not much around the hotel right now, although the adjacent property seems to have been set aside for more development. Get a room on the entrance side to get the best view. I have no complaints about our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows along the "front door" side have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank agiToki
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm so glad you found the hotel comfortable and clean and the staff helpful and accommodating. We would love to welcome you back again any time you're in town. Respectfully, Joe Leising (Innkeeper)

Reviewed January 22, 2012

The staff are just so nice, I came late in the evening and the front desk lady Tina was just so very nice and even told me about all of the resturants around here, and she was right Big Cup is a very good place to eat. After I ate I went to my room and fell right asleep, the bed was so comfy. :)

JLS

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Innkeeper at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad Tina was able to point you in the right direction for your dinner and that she made you feel welcome upon your late arrival. I'm also happy to hear you found your bed comfortable. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

As we traveled half way around the country we stopped at Glen Rose. We are so glad that we did. We stayed in a suite where there was ample room for our family. The room was very clean and decorated tastefully. The staff was wonderful! We loved the pool. There were ample pool toys for the family to play with. We especially appreciated the advice that the holel employees gave us on local destinations and great places to eat. Breakfast was delicious and filling. The Glen Rose fossils were fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Joe L, Innkeeper at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Marianne,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so glad you and the family enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to see happy guests enjoying the pool! I'm glad you found the staff accommodating and friendly; we work every day to provide excellent customer service, complimented by our Traditional Texas Hospitalty. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We had a very bad experience trying to book a room for our 6 year anniversary at another local B&B and were denied a room because we are a same-sex couple. After much hesitation in trying to book something else, we checked TripAdvisor and saw that HIE had lots of excellent reviews so we decided to give them a try. When I called to make a reservation, Tina was very helpful and friendly. She gave us a better rate than what was shown online through their site and hotels.com. When we arrived at the hotel on our anniversary, Joe greeted us with a friendly smile, fresh baked chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter cookies (even encouraging us to take multiples to save us a trip back to the front desk), and lots of helpful information about the hotel and Glen Rose area. The room was very nice and clean. It had a coffeemaker, microwave, FREE wifi, refrigerator, and an awesome huge Jacuzzi tub. The bed was comfortable and we slept really well. The next morning, we had the breakfast buffet that is provided from 7-9 am daily. They served cheese omeletes, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels, a selection of cereals, fruit, pancakes, coffee, flavored creamers, tea, and hot chocolate. Everyone was nice and greeted us while we were in the dining area. We even overheard Joe and Lesia discussing making a large carafe of hot chocolate for guests since it was chilly that morning. Every staff member that we encountered went above and beyond to be sure that we had everything that we needed and had a pleasant experience. It was nice to see employees that truly love their job and want their guest to have a wonderful stay at their hotel. Thanks for turning things around for us and ensuring that we had the BEST anniversary ever!

Room Tip: Choose a King Feature room to get a fabulous, very large Jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brandy S
Joe L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I’m so glad we were able to accommodate you on short notice. That first situation must have been so frustrating! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I don’t know if I’d want to start a vacation any other way than with a cookie! Thank you for your compliments to the staff; I know they’ll appreciate hearing it. We’d love to have you back again soon, maybe for your next anniversary.