“SCAM SCAM SCAM”
Review of Tres Rios Park

Tres Rios Park
Ranked #10 of 17 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended side trip when staying in Hico, Texas for canoeing.
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Don't buy the scam they sell..They LIE .You can not get reservations at most of the places they say you can stay at for free for 2 weeks at a time are always full (not the park ) just your plan is usually sold out...I can go on and on DON"T BUY
The bathrooms are not very clean the lights don't work in there either and a really nice touch was a pair of underwear on top of the light . They also have a light that is on a timer and only stays on for 5 seconds....Also know as Ocean Canyon Properties none are on the ocean that should have been my first alarm

10  Thank Derrick C
There are newer reviews for Tres Rios Park

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Seeking other people slammed by this facility to collaborate in seeking refunds/ release from contracts. We were scammed by them on 2009 & every promise made turned out to be lies. This park is virtually unusable & the people that work there are rude!!!! I was just informed that was late for my dues that will be invoiced next month and due in January. Can you say "We are strapped for money?". I was told if I did not pay these it would be "taken to a higher authority" Huh? How can I be late something that hasn't even been invoiced? My best advice would be to run as quickly as you can away from there. They definitely do not run an above board operation. I would like to hear from other people who have had similar experiences with Tres Rios. t14l26@ hotmail.com.

13  Thank Terrie O
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I came to Tres Rios after being scammed by slick salesmen into a lifetime membership with Ocean Canyon Properties. I quite enjoyed the camp, and the management staff was very helpful( although they were themselves very confused by what my salesperson had promised me about the membership). I enjoyed kayaking the rivers and day hikes around the area. The shower houses could use a bit more TLC. Every morning I found a "closed for cleaning" sign up... but actually found the groundskeeper sleeping in the bathhouse when I entered after not hearing any "cleaning" going on. Everything was in good repair, but it was about as clean as a truck stop bathroom.

39  Thank Clayton T
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here with my family and we loved it. The cabins are clean and spacious with comfy beds, furniture, etc. There is a large swimming pool, and it is also an RV park. It is close to plenty of dining options, stores, etc. Glenrose is beautiful! There are two types of cabins: one, a two-bedroom, and a one bedroom with a loft. Each one is comfy. There is a hangout lodge with tables, and more to do. I loved staying here! You will want to bring plenty of clothing, because some people like to stay here a day to three days. If it is summer, bring your swimsuit and floatie:) You need sunscreen, towels, and other personal belonings. I am sorry if you didn't like this, but this was wonderful! Too bad so many people didn't like it!

18  Thank newenglandgirl22
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I would recommend staying away from this park. It is a membership park and they want a lot to join (like $9K plust $395 per year). They provide free gifts for sitting through the 90 min (it was actually about 3 hrs) sales pitch. The gifts are junk. The netbook has a 7 inch screen, the wifi doesn't work and it only has 2Gig of Flash, its useless, even my kids won't touch it. They also only have 8 parks in the system, and they are only in the Southern and South Eastern states. I think even if they gave me the membership and just charged the $395 per year, I probably wouldn't sign up.

The park itself is old, buildings are run down, pool is dirty/murky and the sites are grass/dirt. The only thing it has going for it is the three rivers and some nice trails for riding bikes. My advice, stay away, try Dinosaur Valley State Park, it's on a river and is a very nice campground, just doesn't have 50Amp power, 30Amp is all they have. But, they have shady sites, so this helps with the heat.

28  Thank rvdanimal