“Tres Rios is not bad.... beware of Ocean Canyon Properties.”
Review of Tres Rios Park

Tres Rios Park
Ranked #12 of 18 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended side trip when staying in Hico, Texas for canoeing.
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I came to Tres Rios after being scammed by slick salesmen into a lifetime membership with Ocean Canyon Properties. I quite enjoyed the camp, and the management staff was very helpful( although they were themselves very confused by what my salesperson had promised me about the membership). I enjoyed kayaking the rivers and day hikes around the area. The shower houses could use a bit more TLC. Every morning I found a "closed for cleaning" sign up... but actually found the groundskeeper sleeping in the bathhouse when I entered after not hearing any "cleaning" going on. Everything was in good repair, but it was about as clean as a truck stop bathroom.

46  Thank Clayton T
"creek"
in 3 reviews
"info"

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here with my family and we loved it. The cabins are clean and spacious with comfy beds, furniture, etc. There is a large swimming pool, and it is also an RV park. It is close to plenty of dining options, stores, etc. Glenrose is beautiful! There are two types of cabins: one, a two-bedroom, and a one bedroom with a loft. Each one is comfy. There is a hangout lodge with tables, and more to do. I loved staying here! You will want to bring plenty of clothing, because some people like to stay here a day to three days. If it is summer, bring your swimsuit and floatie:) You need sunscreen, towels, and other personal belonings. I am sorry if you didn't like this, but this was wonderful! Too bad so many people didn't like it!

20  Thank newenglandgirl22
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I would recommend staying away from this park. It is a membership park and they want a lot to join (like $9K plust $395 per year). They provide free gifts for sitting through the 90 min (it was actually about 3 hrs) sales pitch. The gifts are junk. The netbook has a 7 inch screen, the wifi doesn't work and it only has 2Gig of Flash, its useless, even my kids won't touch it. They also only have 8 parks in the system, and they are only in the Southern and South Eastern states. I think even if they gave me the membership and just charged the $395 per year, I probably wouldn't sign up.

The park itself is old, buildings are run down, pool is dirty/murky and the sites are grass/dirt. The only thing it has going for it is the three rivers and some nice trails for riding bikes. My advice, stay away, try Dinosaur Valley State Park, it's on a river and is a very nice campground, just doesn't have 50Amp power, 30Amp is all they have. But, they have shady sites, so this helps with the heat.

31  Thank rvdanimal
Reviewed July 11, 2011

What a horrible place to take a family. The staff was some of the rudiest most unproffesional people I have ever meet. New Yorkers are Walmart door greaters compared to these people. The campsites were baron like west Texas, over powering rules throughout the park. Then they have the nerve to tell you the prices! Then if you dont buy they tell you that you don't love and care about your family. The facilites were comparable to a rundown truck stop.

29  Thank TroyfromFTWorth
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have been coming out here since before the memberships started. it was slow going at first but now we have made friends with other memebers and plan to travel to the other parks. The activities that are planned for small kids on up to adults, ppl just need to be in the mood for fun. its a short drive to quiet relaxation. The staff is relable and friendly.Im sorry if you had a bad time, try again they will surprise you!

5  Thank mtgal101