“forever”

Dinosaur Valley State Park
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: Search for dinosaur footprints at this state park located along the Paluxy River.
Fort Worth, Texas
“forever”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I've been coming here as long as I've been alive, same with my parents and thier parents. It's cheap and makes a great litte family retreat and I can't wait to take my son to see the track and play in the swimming hole down the river here in a couple of weeks ^,^

Visited March 2011

Fort Worth, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Loved this place”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My 3 year old son and I visited the Dinosaur Valley State Park, and we had a blast! We went knowing that the tracks would be under water. Even so, it was interesting to see the dinosaur tracks. My son enjoyed hopping from rock to rock to get to tthe tracks, so be prepared to get your feet wet.

After we saw the tracks, we went for a hike, and that was fun. My son had a blast throwing rocks in the river. Part of the hike required us to again hop rocks to get across the river. It was a little scary, but it made it fun. (The water was only about 1 foot deep, so if we fell in, the worst thing that would happen would be to get wet...luckily that didn't happen!) It was fun getting outside and exploring in the woods.

We are looking forward to going back and camping overnight next time.

Visited February 2011
austin
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“nice camping trip, dino hype was secondary”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have avid dino lovers in my family, so a camping trip to see real footprints sounded like a dream vacation.... we enjoyed the trip.... coyotes, armadillos and a few foxes maded camping exciting, The campgrounds were nice and the showers had good pressure and hot water... but the dinosuar tracks were just ok... they were easy enough to find and once you hop across rocks to get to the main site, there are a couple of tracks... my kids were more impressed by the water then the tracks... and I agree with other people, the nicest tracks were shipped to New York, well that's great for New York... We took boys ranging in age from 4-8 years old, so maybe an older child would enjoy guessing if a hole in the ground was a foot print or just a hole, but we spent an hour maybe looking at tracks and had to go next door to DinoWorld to get our dinosaur time.... we enjoyed the trip.... coyotes, armadillos and a few foxes maded camping exciting,

Visited February 2011
2 Thank mllsssa
Austin, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

It was partly our own fault, as the weather was cold and somewhat wet. We never saw any tracks, nor any ranger to help or advise us (once past the entrance station), nor any other tourists. The exact location of the tracks was not well marked. We did see a nice sign which said that the best tracks were cut out of the rock years ago and sent to a museum in New York. I guess that's good if you're in New York.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank RedSand
Chicago, IL
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“My expectations were met”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We loved the visit but I didn't have the same life-altering expectations that others may have had. It was a beautiful day out and we enjoyed the concept of the fact that there were dinosaurs where we were.

Also, just a few skips across the water and you can see them, really. As someone else said, several tracks have been removed for preservation but we saw at least one set.

1 Thank Janie C