“never again”

Add it.
Motel 6 Giddings, TX
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
Reviewed July 23, 2008

1.I called ahead by two days and booked two rooms one for me and my sons and one for my daughter and her family. I asked for rooms together and I was assured that I would be right next to my daughters room.
2. I arrived to check in sometime between 6:30 and 7 pm on Sat the 19th
3. The room was not next to my daughter she was in 100 I was in 104.
4. I was told nothing could be done about it.
5. After I checked in I only went to the room to turn on the a/c as we had a party to attend.
6. when we got back to the room it smelt of very very strong bug spray. ( my sons are both asthmatics) I went to the front desk and talked with a gentleman in the office. He looked and said all he had was smoking rooms. The smoke would be worst than the bug spray. So he came to the room and sprayed a deoderizer. That helped for about 20 minutes.
7. My son (10yrs old) was bitten several times, it appears to be ant bites. They got him in bed while he was sleeping.
8. the next morning a man followed my daughter to my room and stood outside the door and waited until she came out, he asked her if she had a key to his room???? He scared her and she just told him no that she dose not work there and she came right back in and shut the door and sat down. She was very upset.

This hotel was a joke. to charge me 71.00 for a night in that hell hole was highway robbery. I only booked there because my daughters in laws recommended it. They to had a trerrible time.
I will never stay there again and someone should do something about it.A small town should have good places for people to stay without such worries.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank april561
executiveinn, Manager at Motel 6 Giddings, TX, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2008

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you had while staying with us. We make it our priority for all our visitors to have a very comfortable stay while they are in Giddings.

During the weekend of your stay, 30 rooms were rented out by an assisted living group, where they take a group of older citizens out of their nursing home for a field trip, and we try our best to provide them with whatever services they may need. The people you described were probably from this group. I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with one of the members of this group. If this was brought to our attention, we would have certainly contacted their caretakers to take care of this matter immediately.

I also apologize for not being able to accommodate your request for having your rooms next to each other, we try our very best to make this happen, but sometimes due to the number of reservations we get day in and day out, such requests can not always be guaranteed.

We more than welcome whatever comments you may have had during your stay, and will make sure it is attended to right away. Once again, I'm sorry for whatever troubles you had encountered during your stay but hope this does not dissuade any future stays from you in Giddings.

Reviewed July 21, 2008

We booked several rooms for July 18th and 19th.The other people in our party was charged a different price than was quoted to me.My room was as quoted.My concern is this motel had a lot of men hanging around outside at all hours of the night.This place looks like a rehab center or halfway house.My daughter in law had one man try to follw her into her room.The doors look as though they have been kicked in several times.The rooms smelled musty and the sheets felt sticky.Our boxspring had stains on the ouside corner that looked like puke.Our coffee pot had slime in the filter canister.and the cups had hair in them.Housekeeping does a poor job and should be told so.I will be contacting the City Of Giddings about these problems and I will not stay at this motel again.I want to add that I have stayed many times at this motel and this was the worst ever.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank boxcar47

For the price discrepancy you mentioned, it was due to one of the rooms being a single and the other being doubles. I hope this clears up any confusion in that matter.

Also, during the weekend of your stay, 30 rooms were rented out by an assisted living group, where they take a group of older citizens out of their nursing home for a field trip, and we try our best to provide them with whatever services they may need. The people you described were probably from this group. I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with one of the members of this group. If this was brought to our attention, we would have certainly contacted their caretakers to take care of this matter immediately.

Reviewed July 20, 2008

My family and I stayed at Executive Inn for a few nights earlier this month during a trip to Giddings. Overall we were very satisfied with our stay. The check in process was quick and easy. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and recommended some good places for us to eat. The price was great and the rooms were nice and clean. My son headed straight for the swimming pool once we were checked in. The pool was a refreshing treat on such a hot day. They offer a continental breakfast in the mornings in the lobby area. A friend of mine had stayed this Executive Inn before and she is the one that recommended it as a great place to stay . After staying there myself I would definitely agree. We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Giddings!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sseddog
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We checked in late (between 9 and 10 pm). We had three adult guests in the room. The commode was black inside. Maybe hadn't been cleaned good in a year. When you sat on it, it wobbled like it wasn't securely attached to the floor or wall. There was one towel and one wash cloth for all of us. (That's one towel and one wash cloth for all 3 people to use the same one!) We didn't fight over who got that towel because it had brown stains on it. None of us took a shower or bath! When I pulled the covers back on my bed the box springs had a huge stain on them that looked like either blood or chocolate. My blanket had a hole in it.

We checked in late and were tired. We should have refused to stay there, but we were afraid we couldn't get another room anywhere so we slept in those beds and got out as quickly as possible the next morning.

I will say the price was right, but cleanliness comes ahead of anything. I regret that we didn't go talk to the manager the next morning, but we just wanted to leave. I won't be staying at any Executive Inn again.

Not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank glory077
executiveinn, Manager at Motel 6 Giddings, TX, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2008

We make it our first priority here at the Executive Inn to provide the best service to our customers. I am very sorry to hear about the condition the room was in. We try our very best to make sure all the rooms are cleaned with care and the tenants are provided with all the necessary items for a comfortable stay.

We would have welcomed his or her feedback as soon as they found out about the condition of the room. After finding this out, we would have done everything in our power to rectify this situation to their utmost satisfaction.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience this must have caused for all the parties involved and hope this has not deterred any future stays in Giddings for you.

Been to Motel 6 Giddings, TX? Share your experiences!