“Don't take breakfast to your room!”

Best Western Giddings Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were here for 2 nights for a wedding. The room was clean & comfortable. We noticed that the lobby bathrooms had signs on them "out of order", so that made it difficult if you needed to use the facilities and the one in your room was tied up. They remained "out of Order" the entire time we were there! Also, they were having trouble keeping up with the breakfast items on Sunday morning. The staff wasn't the friendliest, and that was glaring with the multiple signs posted about not taking your breakfast items to your room. If they are going to make that rule, then the breakfast lobby needs to be expanded. We had a large group, coming and going, and we were squeezed around the limited number of tables.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terry G

Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. It looks just like the pictures, nice and new. If you have a do not disturb sign on your door during the day. The cleaning staff will not knock which is important since I work nights.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and the rooms were excellent. The beds(Queen) were really comfortable. The breakfast that was served in the mornngs had a nice variety to choose from. In walking distance to a lot of places if you didn't want to drive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here once last year and was excited as it was the newest hotel in a city that I stay in at least twice a month. While the rooms were nice and big with 42in flat screen TV's, I found the hotel staff to be rather unfriendly or unwelcoming....And I didn't realize how serious they are about not taking breakfast up to your room until they stopped me as I was about to get on the elevator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the ruddest thing to do to your customer especially when there isn't ONE single sign saying that that's prohibited... I was sooo livid that I tried calling the corporate office only to find out that the hotel is a franchise hotel, basically, and it is owner-operated (which explains the rudeness of the staff)....

I haven't stayed in that hotel since because I refuse to give people like that my business... The person who wrote in their review that the staff treated them as if they weren't worthy of staying there is exactly right becuse the staff did seem a bit ornery.. Before I give them as much as one red cent, I would rather stay at the Ramada (which is what I've been doing) or drive to the next town and stay at another Best Western. UGHHHHHH the nerve!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank angm121
Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Lisette W
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and very clean! Friendly employees, great breakfast, very nice rooms! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! Also for those traveling the location is great, Walmart is in walking distance as well as several fast food places! We will be staying here on our next trip to Giddings Tx!

• Stayed: February 2013

Been to Best Western Giddings Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!