“Great BBQ Experience ”

City Meat Market
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Giddings
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Great BBQ Experience ”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this place, read about it, and drove by more than once but today I stopped and I'll have to say I'll be back. I really likes the ribs, very tasty. The sausage had a great flavor with course meat and not loaded with fat. Had a nice snap to it. Really like the sausage. Good sauce. I love the old building and you know you're in a place that feels like it has some history to it. If you're into Texas BBQ then you've got to add this place to your BBQ crawl plans. If the place was any more crowded I'd had to eat my lunch on the tailgate of my pickup but it was good enough I'd do that. It's just that good.

1 Thank sidebite252

Denton, Texas
“Overcooked & dry!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Sunday this BBQ joint is closed. So! On our return trip to North Texas, after driving five hours from Corpus Christi to Giddings, TX, we stopped as planned to have lunch at the City Meat Market. While waiting in line at around 1:15 P.M. on Wednesday afternoon. They announced that they were out of everything, but sausage. At that point, was totally,disappointed! The women taking orders said people call ahead to order, and their remaining briskets were reserved for people who called ahead. Hungry, we ordered the sausage which comes with bread and BBQ sauce. Immediately, we went to our van and opened up the brown butcher paper. Remember, we are hungry. The BBQ sauce was to sweet, and the sausage was overcooked and dry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank B I
NorthSlope, AK
“Great ribs”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

The ribs had a great rub, peppery but not too spicy.
The brisket wasn't as tender as one might expect.
The sauce is on the vinegary side, good if you like it that way.
Ambiance is old run down meat market, but the four sheriffs' deputies sitting around telling stories about their patrol stops tells you it's a local favorite.

Visited February 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Top Notch BBQ”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I have eaten in lots of Texas BBQ places and the City meat Market is way up on our list of good food. We were just driving thru Giddings and saw the City meat Market sign and decided to stop in. Nothing fancy at all but just good old BBQ. The brisket was so flavorful and tender, the sauce was great and the people working there were some of the friendliest you would ever meet. On our way home I want to stop there again and try some of their other meats besides brisket. The potato salad and coleslaw were very good too. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

• Visited February 2014
Hillsboro, Texas
“Best I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended CMM so we stopped in for lunch on our business trip. Ordering at the "pit", we tried the sliced brisket, sausage, and ribs.

The brisket was lean and tasty - very good but about what I expected. Next, I tried the sausage. Oh my... crispy casing holding freshly ground goodness perfectly spiced and juicy without being greasy (how do they do that?). The ribs were put perfection. Absolutely the best sausage and ribs I've ever tasted.

We will plan another lunch trip soon.