“Pretty good”

Shanghai Express
Ranked #30 of 159 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We used to come regularly, but I haven't been in over a year. Met a friend for lunch and had the Kung Pao Chicken. The lunch portion was great and economical.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant serves very good Chinese food. The Hot and Sour Soup is a big favorite and the Egg Fu Yung is wonderful.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Best Chinese food in Georgetown. We use it strictly for takeout, have never eaten in restaurant itself. Atmosphere is what I call typical for Chinese restaurants in mid size cities - nothing fancy. Food is good, always hot, good flavors. Nothing is extraordinary about the food, but there is also nothing wrong with the meals we've had. I always know that whatever we order, we're going to enjoy it. Prices are reasonable, portions are big, and staff I've met are always friendly and personable.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Freshly made food. MSG free upon request. Can order off huge menu with healthy choices. Sunday buffet a good value.Fast, friendly service. Take out food available. Good value for the money

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ate twice here within a week. The first time we ordered carryout. I ordered the combination Kung Pao which was supposed to include shrimp, beef and chicken. I got the order home and it had shrimp, one very small piece of beef and no chicken. When a restaurant advertises what you're supposed to receive with you meal, I expect that they deliver exactly that. Shanghai Express gets a big black mark on my list for not giving me what I ordered. My wife ordered a seafood dish and she said it was okay. I went back the following week and ate inside. The restaurant is pretty much non-descript. They're located in a strip center and the floor is painted concrete with simple tables and chairs. The service was good and I ordered the Orange Beef. It was average at best and it was served with broccoli that was obviously pre-frozen. I will look outside of Georgetown in the future for my Chinese food.

2  Thank bohste