“My Favorite Place for Lunch in Georgetown”

Laurie's Too Tea room
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you love homemade food and tasty old fashioned recipes then this is the place for you. The pie crusts on the quiche and various pies is flaky and delicious. I love the menu here which includes many comfort foods and Texas favorites. Everything I've tried is good and I've been going there for a few years. The service if so friendly that you are made to feel as if you are an old friend from the first time you visit. Love the Peach Tea. The Strawberry Congealed is awesome too. Make sure to try the cobblers. This is a fun place to go to lunch with a few friends.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our group went here for lunch. We arrived just before closing, but they sat us and didn't rush us to leave. I had chicken salad and it was very good. For dessert, I had the chocolate cake which was delicious.

My only complaint would be the restroom. They only have one and it was full almost the entire time we were there. It was not that clean either.

1  Thank rlbfab
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The owners try to dress this place up, but the building is a dump. The food is the best restaurant food in Georgetown. They onlly serve lunch, but there is a loyal clientele that eats there multiple times a week. The menu is mostly "ladies fare" but plenty of men eat there also. There is a burger that I haven't tried, but its reputation challenges any burger place in town.

1  Thank KJCS_12
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I only experienced Texas for 5 days but ate out a lot and this was the only place I visited twice.

Forget the big fancy restaurants and the chains, this place is worth experiencing.

You get a big warm welcome when you arrive from the lovely people including the dear old lady who runs the place, the kind of person you wish had been your auntie or perhaps even your mother.

All the food is delicious home cooked and plenty of it, drinks are endless and the service is just so friendly and not false like you experience elsewhere.

The lady was thrilled that we'd come back again, in fact we tried to go there a third time but we were a bit early.

My company has a factory in Georgetown so if I get to visit again then I will without doubt pay them another visit.

Don't miss it!

1  Thank Malc67
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Lovely tearoom in the middle of antique shops. The service is quick and efficient and the food is delicious. We chose quiche and soup, salad and soup, and sandwich and soup and everybody loved their food and could not order dessert we were so full. The date nut muffin, the corn and chicken chowder, the cold avocado soup-all great! Nice find!

1  Thank Texastravelers94