“Unique Cafe in the Heart of Texas”
Review of Monument Cafe

Monument Cafe
Ranked #3 of 154 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Unique Cafe in the Heart of Texas”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is mostly only known to the locals in the area, but if you are just passing through they are not far from I-35. This is an old style dinner that opened here in 1995 and has been a favorite of mine ever since. When you come expect a great meal and great wait staff all at an affordable price.

I usually can only make it here on the weekends for breakfast, which is always great, but their lunch/dinner menu is excellent as well. Check out their menus at: www.themonumentcafe.com/.

• Visited December 2012

“Quality food, excellent preparation, slightly upscale atmosphere but in a friendly way”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A favorite place for breakfast. They have all the breakfast basics and the preparation is excellent.
High quality appointments give this diner and upscale feel. The bathrooms are individual rooms, rather than common stalls, which adds to the upscale vibe.
There is also an attached indoor "market" area that features local products. A very nice touch for getting fixin's to cook at home.

1 Thank tag302
“Food Network Curse”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had lunch with the family on a weekday. Seated fairly quickly in this clean and bright restaurant. Service was average, but nothing to complain about. The reason we stopped was the Triple D segment on The Food Network. Should have known better since we have been disappointed on two other occasions by Guy F's hyperbole. I had the turkey burger. OK, but 2 minutes more on the grill would have given it some much-needed savor. Other family members were similarly unimpressed. The bill, however, was impressive, and more resembled a nicer restaurant than a cafe. The locals apparently like it, so bully for them. It's amazing what they can do with TV camera!

2 Thank Paleryder
Phoenix, AZ
“First time there, will return when back in Texas”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A friend took my wife and I to the Monument Cafe for lunch when we were in Texas for a visit. The word 'Cafe' is misleading considering the size of this place, but then again, it is said that everything is bigger in Texas.

The menu is extensive and the items we ordered were very good. The in-house made potato chips were a surprise and were very tasty.

Service was good and the waitress had a great sense of humor. When kidded, she got right into it and went along.

The Monument Cafe has a very good reputation in the surrounding area and has been featured on the Food Channel for good reason. I would say that we were quite happy with the experience and will be sure to return when back in Georgetown again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mileaway_PHX
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Real Find...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I discovered Monument Cafe a couple of years ago when visiting my Daughter and Son-in-Law in Leander TX. They thought enough of the restaurant to send me 20 miles for breakfast while I waited for them to get out of church. I was impressed with the facility, the food, and the staff.

I recently had the pleasure of returning to the Monument for breakfast. It seems like it just keeps getting better. My french toast was splendid and their coffee is always the best. The wait staff has been outfitted with electronic ordering devices, which send the orders from their machine directly to the kitchen. What a great idea. This idea reminds me of Europe. When I asked if I could take pictures inside, they were more than accommodating.

I hope to return many more times when I'm in the Georgetown area. This is a great restaurant.

• Visited February 2013