“Beautiful setting & Good food”
Review of El Monumento

El Monumento
Ranked #14 of 152 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgetown, Texas
“Beautiful setting & Good food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My only criticism of El Monumento is that it seems to have an identity crisis!!! Not sure if it's Nouvelle Mexican food, or a fusion of Mexican and American food.
But service is prompt, and food is good.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to stumble across El Monumento after taking swimming in Blue Hole Park right next door. The food, service and atmosphere were excellent. We'll definitely return again.

Killeen, Texas
“Fresh ingredients equals good tasting food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been to the Monument Cafe a few times so I decided to give El Monumento a try. The aroma when we walked in said it all. The food was delicious and way better than most of the taquerias that we have in the Fort Hood area. The layout and decor of this establishment is so inviting and very modern. We had our lunch on the patio overlooking the river and everyone enjoyed the food as well as the view. I had the beef short rib flautas with charro beans and my plate was completely empty when they cleared the table. My only suggestion is that they need to offer a few more options for children on their menu. I'll definitely return to El Monumento.

• Visited November 2012
Austin
“A Truly Different Mexican Food Experience!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a must stop restaurant if you live in or are passing through Georgetown! I had been coming here for cocktails for about 6 weeks when I decided to try a little food. It happened by accident when, after stopping in the ladies room, I noticed the kitchen down the hallway. El Monumento has an open kitchen concept where you can literally walk right into the kitchen and no one even stops you! It is like Food Network live! I stopped an talked to the chef to see what he was making (an elaborate version of cilantro rice). Fascinating! There is a large rotisserie right out front, a separate tortilla making station, and another bar to serve just the restaurant patrons. The bar itself is spacious with all around seating plus tables surrounding it. There is an indoor patio with misters to keep things cool, and on the exterior there is a wraparound balcony with additional seating and misters with a view of the river. The decor is beautiful. On this visit I had a fairly standard Queso Flameado, but there was nothing standard about the taste. It was made with grilled onions and poblano chiles (mild) and served with both corn and flour tortillas and it was phenomenally delicious. The combination of the ambience, service, friendly people, and delicious food make this a wonderful dining experience at any time of the day or night.

Salado, Texas
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food had no flavor, the service was poor, we waited for ten minutes after being seated for someone to come by and check on us, will not return. Even the water tasted bad, yuck!