“Wasabi Georgetown”

Good for: Families with children
Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Wasabi Georgetown”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wasabi's is a fairly new restaurant located on Williams Dr in Georgetown. It's on the smallish side with table seating in the dining room and stools at the shushi bar.
The menu is huge for a restaurant this size; offering authentic Japanese and Chinese cuisine.
My wife and I have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disatisfied or disappointed with our meal selections. Table service is excellant. With the wait-staff helping each other when bringing food to the table.
On our last visit I inadvertantly ordered a dish served over
rice noodles. Witha rice allergy this is a big no-no for me. The waitress offered an alternative and took the "offending" dish away without another word.
Wasabi is now serving beer and wine. But they don't push this issue.

Visited November 2011

Georgetown, Texas
“Tried it and liked it!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Both my daughter, who ate sushi, and I, who had the sweet and sour pork, were very happy with our food. Outside looks like a take-out but the inside is nicely done and the service was good. This is now our favorite place in Georgetown for "Oriental" food.

• Visited August 2012
Georgetown, Texas
“Mixed review”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and have mixed feelings. The Tempura is very good but do not get it to go...by the time you get it home in the styrofoam container it is soggy and chewy. They need to use cardboard boxes and not use plasic bags. We started dinner with the crab puffs - very good. Last night I had beef and broccoli and it was decent, not outstanding. My husband had the honey chicken and he appeared to enjoy it. I took a piece and it was all breading - no chicken. Lightly breaded it is not. I had ordered the lemon chicken previously and again - it is a very heavy coating with little chicken inside. This is very disappointing. Lemon chicken is my benchmark of quality in a Asian Restaurant - lightly coated and not deep fried...more sauteed. Being carb conscious I would love an option for lemon, sesame, sweet and sour, etc. that is not coated and deep fried. I recommend this place, but it is starting to loose it's luster.

Central Texas
“Great Addition”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've eaten at Wasabi several times now and each time I've been pleased with the meal. The service is great and the food is delicious. It can be a bit crowded and it can also get quite noisy if all the other tables are full and the music is on too loud. The lunch specials are generous portions and the prices are right. I always end up bringing home half of my meal to enjoy at a later time. I would recommend you try it as it's a great addition to the Georgetown restaurants.

• Visited July 2012
Austin
“Japanese Chinese”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Its the only good variety of Asian food in Georgetown. Service is usually good but the young wait staff is just inexperienced. The Shrimp Tempura Dinner is the best value. The lunch specials are a good choice, as is the Yakisoba. Not authentic Japanese but will do. I highly recommend the Austin Roll

Visited August 2012