“It was OK”

La Playa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 155 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At La Playa Mexican Cafe, our goal is to give you a memorable dining experience with our combination of flavors, ambiance and award winning service. With a passion and dedication to detail, we're certain you'll be thinking of us long after.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

When I first walked into La Playa, I noticed a particullarly good atmosphere and that was my first impression. But everything pretty much went downhill from there. The server was very nice, but it took thirty minutes for us to get our food. Plus, for a thirty minute wait, the food wasn't all that great. Average Tex-Mex. The food wasn't terrily expensive, but when I ordered the large quesadilla to split with a friend, there wasnt nearly enough food. I doubt it would satisfy one person. Overall, it was ok, I probably won't go back unless I have to meet friends there or there's nowhere else to eat. I doubt I would reccomend it to a friend just because it didn't stand out to me in any way.

There are newer reviews for La Playa Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I dissed these folks a while back for a bad breakfast experience, but I have had supper there twice recently and found the food and service both very good indeed. PS- the Fish San Lucas is great!

2  Thank travelinfoolfromtx
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is not Mexican food. They call it coastal but it's something between Tex-Mex and Taco Bell. Chips and salsa are awful and the service is usually slow. The bar is not bad but the bartenders don't know how to make a martini! Prices are high compared to other mexican restaurants in GT. All the Yankees in Sun City seem to like it though. :)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The top shelf margaritas are excellent! And the food is always great! We always ask for the same waiter - Steven Shuster - he is super courteous and friendly! He knows the menu backwards and forwards and makes the best suggestions!

3  Thank TXMomma512
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is the closest Mexican restaurant to Sun City so it is heavily frequented. It has a good menu and very good food.

2  Thank SunCitySteve706