“how hard can it be....?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cotton Patch
Ranked #44 of 150 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“how hard can it be....?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I start with how hard can it be, because I ordered a plain dry chicken sandwich with avocado.
My food came to the table disguised as a well done hamburger covered in melted cheese fully loaded. I told the server and he left it and his serving tray at our table and said I'll take care of it...he never came back.
Finally the waitress comes back and apologizes and takes the food away.

Second try ... She delivers my sandwich and says, enjoy your food with a big smile ... Guess What? it's another cheesy burger ... at this point I'm not hungry for anything here ... the waitress actually asked me, if I would like her to void my order so I don't get charged for it.

Why I didn't throw a fit by now is a mystery...I just smiled and said that would be nice and no I did not want her to try to get my order right one more time.

I watched as a man in the kitchen with a black coat check every order and then send food out...so how did my order get past him twice?...guess if I would of yelled maybe I would of gotten an answer.

I should of yelled "How hard can it be to get this simple order right?" ... I should of thrown a fit...got the black coat to get it right...cause I'm blaming his kitchen when it was probably the waitress who put in my order twice and didn't check it either time.

ps...my husband left a tip and his soup was cold...and still I didn't yell.

By now everyone has eaten and I'm so hungry...we drop the family off and on the way home we went to Whataburger...they made me a dry grilled chicken sandwich with avocado and got my order right on the first try.

Everything is good now and I've learned a lesson...talk to the man in black on the first mistake, so it never happens again to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Georgetown, Texas
“Great home style food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great food, great prices. I don't know where Clearly Texas is from but they should go there to eat. Georgetown Cotton Patch is our favorite place to eat and we go there at least once a week. We have never received bad food or service. The food is always delicious and we have had just about everything on the menu. I have never seen anyone send food back. This is a favorite restaurant of several other people I know also. They have specials and reduced portion plates for the light eater. A great place to eat and I am a finicky eater.

• Visited September 2013
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Average! Nothing Special!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were meeting a friend for dinner as we were passing through Georgetown and this was convenient for all of us. We told the server up front that we wanted to visit awhile as we haven't seen each other for two years, however, he kept coming back and wanting to take our order. Could understand it they were busy and needing our table, however, that wasn't the case. When we did order, my meatloaf was 'mush'; my husband said his shrimp was good & not heavily breaded; and our friends ordered Turkey Melts which were just 'ok', nothing special. Good warm biscuits at the beginning but I probably wouldn't ever go here again if in the area. Too many other choices!

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Most of the food served is frozen or canned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fish was oozing oil. The french fries were overcooked and were hollow on the inside. Yes I said hollow. They were reheated in an oven. I had to send it back and got a salad to be safe. My waiter was great, he told me that he worked as a cook sometimes and that everything was frozen or canned. They really didn't have true cook at this place. I watched two other people send food back too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Georgetown, Texas
“Easy food, Easy to get in and out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Service has always been good here. BLT wedge salad is awesome. Ranch dressing is homemade. Other meals are fine - it's a great place to grab lunch or dinner. The rolls are awesome too.

Visited May 2013