“Very clean”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Texas
“Very clean”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.
Breakfast was also great. Waffles, eggs, biscuits, bacon, fruit, bagels, Danishes, cereal, yogurt. A lot of items to choose from.
I would definately recommend this hotel if you are traveling or staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank TexasChikinPunkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lake Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had heard this hotel had new owners and had undergone an extensive renovation. It has. I was very impressed by the level of service and the look of the hotel. I had a great time at their Happy Hour and breakfast was good too. The great thing is these are complimentary! I was really impressed by the customer service of Tina, Beatrice & Jackie. Great bunch of gals.

Room Tip: Both sides of hotel have river views, the south side of hotel has a better view of the Blue Hole.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AGS2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

They are doing some remodeling in the lobby area only, but it did not interfere with the stay. Resonable price for standard, clean room. Relatively quiet, as it sits back from the highway. Would stay there again. Did not take advantage of the breakfast or pool

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sales M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you stayed with us during our renovation! Our name was Kountry Ann as we were going through the re-branding process. It's now complete and you will find us under the Best Western flag, bringing our guests more value for their dollar. We hope that you will come stay with us again & enjoy our upgraded amenities, from our complimentary breakfast to our complimentary Manager's Happy Hour. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bedford, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We took our kids to Inner Space Caverns and decided to get a hotel for the night. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. We reserved the executive suite with the whirlpool. Quite nice I must say.

The kids stayed on the pull-out bed in the couch and said it was comfortable. Our king bed was comfortable as well. All pillows were feather and plush. It has a kitchen with a mini-fridge, microwave, small sink and coffee maker. It has a desk between the kitchen and living room, great for the laptop and doing my make-up at. There are 2 flatscreen TV's, a 4 seater table to eat at, a very comfortable chair and ottoman in the bedroom to watch TV from. Iron and ironing board in cubby-hole closet that had more hangers than usual for a hotel. The bathroom is so large! It had a stand up shower and the whirlpool separate. Only staying one night I was afraid that I wouldn't find time for the whirlpool, but after everyone went to bed I climbed on in. Plenty of hot water to fill it. Took me forever to figure out how to turn on the jets. The switch is on the other side of the bathroom (unmarked) far away from it...not sure why, bad design in my opinion. I took my iPad in there and watched a movie while I enjoyed it.

We made use of the pool which was large and very clean. The French Music Festival was the night we stayed and they had a full length firework show that we had a great seat for in the pool that night. The next morning we enjoyed a free hot breakfast. The coffee was actually good and the creamers are what you would have at home. The breakfast had: beagles, toast, danish, cinnamon buns, waffles, biscuits, sausage, eggs, oatmeals, teas, juices, hard boiled eggs, cereals and all condiments you could think of. It was a nice surprise considering most hotels complimentary hot breakfast is less than tasty.

Overall very pleasant stay and if we ever visit Georgetown again, it's where we will stay. Photos: Excuse the mess and semi-poor quality...but you get the idea!

Room Tip: You cannot book this type of room on travel sites, go directly to the hotels website.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aleah C
Friendswood
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently stayed here as part of a long weekend. We chose it because of the reviews here. At the time it was rated number one.
Pros: We arrived early and they were able to get us a room.
Room was large and clean.
Service was friendly.
Sheets were very nice quality.
Bed was comfortable.
Bathroom products were nice, but small.
Cons: Two light bulbs were out.
Toilet ran until my husband fixed it.
The duvet on the bed was so heavy that if you tried to sleep under it you couldn't move.
Super squishy pillows.
They were out of bowls at breakfast. Completely out at 8am. The employee at the front
desk really did look for them.
No channel guide in the room.
AC was very hard to regulate.

This is a fairly newly remodeled hotel, but it is certainly showing signs of wear. A curtain missing in a hall way, poorly painted trim, just the little things.

And breakfast is the standard do-it yourself waffles, pastries, juice, cereal (except there were no bowls) exceptionally bad coffee and something I've never seen before-egg patties. Didn't look at all appealing.

I might stay there again, but I don't know if I'd ever have a reason to.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the pool side if you want to sleep in or nap.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mandy615
Cuero,tx
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very nice - brand new. Good continental breakfast. Very quiet. Small kitchenette. Economy priced. Tried several times to stay again and it was booked so book ahead.

Room Tip: Book ahead if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The room was large and clean. My remote was missing but quickly replaced when I reported it. The breakfast was not especially good.

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
#6 of 10 in Georgetown
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!