“Country Inn Suites Georgetown TEx”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Cuero,tx
“Country Inn Suites Georgetown TEx”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very nice - brand new. Good continental breakfast. Very quiet. Small kitchenette. Economy priced. Tried several times to stay again and it was booked so book ahead.

Room Tip: Book ahead if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The room was large and clean. My remote was missing but quickly replaced when I reported it. The breakfast was not especially good.

• Stayed March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

When I checked in, the room to which I was assigned STANK, It smelled as though someone had poured an entire bottle of over-scentedcleaner on the carpet. It took more than 30 minutes to get a different room, which still had that unpleasant floral cleaner scent, but it was not nearly as strong.

The breakfast, while free, was unimpressive. (Where DO they find fruit that small?)

The windows in both of the rooms didn't open.

On my second morning in the hotel, I awoke at 5:45am to find that the internet was down. I contacted the front desk at 5:45am and the woman I spoke to said she's see what she could do to get it fixed I stopped by the front desk at 8:45am and spoke to a different person who seemed unaware of the problem and who told me that there was nothing she could do until a manager came in. I asked if she could call the manager and she said she had to wait for the manager to arrive. The internet was still not working at 10am. I asked the woman working at the front desk for an update and she said they would be calling it in "soon."

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who depends upon the internet to get her work done.

On the positive side (yes, I'll find something nice to say): the room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable.

This is the second negative review I've ever written. I don't like going negative, but I feel that in this case it's warranted.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Livingston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wasn't bad
Wasn't great just Average

Bed was Okay. The room was adequate. BUT... the AC didn't seem to cool adequately. I normally don't use the In room supplied iron. But as I had to purchase a shirt for a family function, I needed to iron it prior to wearing. The iron had been scorched and was unusable. It that picky.... could be! You never want a clean iron until you NEED a clean iron to use on a white poplin dress shirt. We used the Steamy Bathroom trick on the wrinkled shirt to some success.

For the money, we could have stayed at a place we had stayed in before but 30 miles further. 30miles seems a pittance now.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elpistolero
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Had to pay for a rollaway bed. My kid got bedbug bites. Plus bad bed support. When I mentioned it to front desk, her response was "I have never heard that," and she would not take it off the bill.

• Stayed February 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

We checked in last friday before Christmas the hotel is located close to everything you need. Had a great stay, hotels upto date, very comfortable, and the staff is courteous. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, and I would recommend this hotel over the others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff R
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times since we "discovered" it in the fall of 2010. This is an excellent value for the price. The location (on the east side of I35) is very convenient, with easy to access from both the frontage road and Austin Avenue (one of the main north/south arteries in Georgetown). It is very convenient to Southwestern University.

The service is great. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly when we are here, and on the phone when we are making or changing reservations. The breakfast is not lavish, but includes hot items, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. The coffee is better than most hotels and available 24/7. Breakfast items are fresh.

This is not a new property (was converted from another hotel brand), but is very clean. There are a few things that could be upgraded, but they are minor (e.g., the toilet paper holders).

I am shocked and completely disagree with comments in the review from nvickers22. I can't even believe it's the same hotel!

We highly recommend this hotel to Georgetown visitors, especially to Southwestern parents & family members!!!

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the front (away from the interstate). The king suites are very roomy!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank michelegolden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
#6 of 10 in Georgetown
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!