“poor location , poor wifi, pleasant helpful staff, well kept clean property” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Georgetown

Candlewood Suites Georgetown
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Lexington, South Carolina
“poor location , poor wifi, pleasant helpful staff, well kept clean property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I arrived because I had a business appointment. The property was well kept and the staff was congenial and helpful. Two of the three washing machines were broken; one of the two computers in the business center was out of service and the wifi was spotty. The location was outside of town and accessible by car but there was no attached restaurant or café. Georgetown is a very nice town and has several good restaurants and shopping centers. The center of town as advertised is very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Edward S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is very pleasing to know that you found the staff friendly. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some of our facilities. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Georgetown.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Reserved 5 nights through booking.com, and reservation allowed cancellation with no penalty. Plans changed, so I cancelled two months before the check-in date, with confirmation from booking.com. What a delightful surprise when, two months later, Candlewood Suites deducts over $525, the total from my original reservation. I called the hotel and someone named Stephanie tells me without knowing my name or situation that it is a non refundable deposit and that there is nothing I can do about it. Of course there is no GM present (running theme here, apparently). Called a number of times over next few days, never with a GM available. Apparently at one point the GM was there but could not take a call, due to a major clean up underway resulting from "a tragedy" that had just occurred on the property. Crikey... anyway, booking.com verified this was a reservation that could be cancelled without penalty and called hotel on my behalf. Apparently, management would communicate with booking. I have gotten word from booking (not Candlewood, mind you) that they agreed to a refund, sometime within the next FOUR weeks. Shame on them... I have stayed at Candlewood at this and other locations in the past. They got me... But never again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karin C
Rachel G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Karin,

I would first like to apologize for your inconvenience. I spoke with the GM at length about your situation and I am truly sorry. The employee unfortunetly gave you wrong information regarding the cancellation policy and did not follow our policy and procedure regarding disputed charges. The GM did not hear about the charges until she spoke with Booking.com and reversed the charges the same day. It can take 1 to 10 business days for those charges to credit your card. The contact information under the reservation is for booking.com and they cannot release your information . Again your contact information was not passed to the GM, so we could not reach you. The issue with the employee was handled internally and can assure you and other guests this is not our standard of practice. We would love to speak with you and hope to earn your trust. Please email me at candlewoodgtdos@yahoo.com with your information. Again we are terribly sorry for your experience and hope you will allow us to be your hotel of choice in the area.
Cresson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently my family and I stayed in this hotel.We needed a place for our pet. Jacky Jaynes helped us by extending an attitude of extreme helpfulness and kindness. She actually walked to the back of the parking lot with a rolling cart for me to use to transport items, grandkids, and a dog. I was very warmed with her friendly helpful actions.
Our room was very pleasant and it is an excellent place to stay . We will stay there again and hope Jacky is working when we arrive. I figure all the staff is nice but we were blessed to be taken care of by her.
Beth C

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachel G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Beth,

Thank you for the kind review. I shared your review with Jacky and she remembered you well and was glad to be able to help. It sounds like you had your hands full and I am pleased we able to accommodate you. We take customer service seriously and try to make everyone of our guests feel at home and I am pleased that came across. We look forward to visiting with you again and we will try to make sure Jacky is working when you check in!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on June 1. When I reserved the room online, I noticed that they only had (1) double bed suite left, but it was a smoking room. I called the hotel and spoke with Shelby. She was very nice. I asked if they had an air purifier. She said that she would contact the hotel next door to see if she could borrow theirs. When I checked in, she told me that they used the purifier AND housekeeping sprayed some type of spray in the room. To our surprise, the room did NOT smell like smoke at all. I was very impressed and happy. This hotel does not serve breakfast, but that was not an issue. The laundry is FREE....which is another plus since both of my boys played in a tournament & I definitely had to wash their uniforms. The only issue that I had was that once the room reaches a certain temperature, the air conditioner would cut off. Other than that, I do not have any complaints. If we ever play in the Georgetown area again, we will definitely make this our #1 choice.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Basketballmom2k13
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy we were able to satisfy your expectations with the smoking room. Shelby and all our front desk staff try to make your experience enjoyable while you visit the area. I hope your tournament went well and I will pass this review on to the whole staff. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

staff cleaned room early allowing us to check in early, while waiting on room to be cleaned Ethan at front desk let us know that a room with 2 beds had become available. Which I oringinaly wanted, but was unavailable at time I made reservation. Clean comfortable rooms. I wish they served braskfast, but, because they are extended stay I guess that is why they don't. There is small cooktop and a full size refrigerator and a microwave. Rooms were quiet and did not hear neighbors or highway noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Julia B
GTGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to see we were able to accommodate the room type you originally wanted and was able to check you in early. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I will make sure Ethan and the rest of the staff get the message of a job well done and I appreciate you choosing to stay with Candlewood Suites Georgetown. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was hard to find from the access road. The sign is on the side street (It is in the same parking lot as the Holiday Inn Express). The outside does not look impressive, very simple and plain. But inside the room is great. A suite with separate bedroom. Also has a kitchen.
This worked well for business, but would also be good when traveling with the kids.
I guess they allow big dogs because I heard them next door. Made me a little nervous as the ajoining door was unlocked when I checked in. Part of my walkthru is checking joining doors, windows, and the mattress, so not a big deal.
The dogs made noise for a minute, rubbing against the ajoining door, then nothing for the rest of the night. I also heard some noise in the hall, but again none in the late evening.
Did not hear any road noise from the freeway either. Overall good night.
Room was clean, large and nice. Almost too big for one person for a night.
Fist stay at a Candlewood, but it is now in my list of hotels.

Room Tip: Turn in at the Holiday Inn. Get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bstrvl55711
We appreciate you taking time to write a review. We are happy to see you enjoyed our one bedroom suite. It is the biggest of our rooms and is very spacious especially when you are traveling with children. We will make sure the message about the cleanliness of the room gets back to our housekeepers and what great job they are doing. We just want to thank you again for choosing to stay with Candlewood Suites Georgetown and officially making your list. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites property. Ironically, I live 5 miles away from this hotel and watched it's construction last year. As a special treat for my 7 year old who loves to stay in a hotel, I booked this hotel online through a discount site. We chose this hotel because it was close to home so we could still care for the dog at home. I considered bringing the dog but with a $150 pet deposit, refunded up to 5 business days later, we decided to leave her at home.

Our room was very clean and functional.. Here's what we liked:
-convenient table for doing homework
-in room DVD player and DVD's at the front desk
-television viewable from beds, recliner, and table
-in room refridgerator with ice maker
-very quiet walls and halls
-convenient in house snack store

The only downside to the trip was when we checked into the hotel Once the staff member realized we booked at a discount website, she wasn't as courteous and requested that we book direct next time offering the same discount. We'll see.

Room Tip: Before you buy your room online from a discounter, try calling the hotel directly to see if they can...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank w0rktraveler2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Candlewood Suites Georgetown. I am pleased you had an overall enjoyable experience at our hotel and you were able to have that experience with your son. We take customer service seriously and you should not be treated any different regardless where you booked your room and if you felt that way, I apologize. Guests have the freedom to book their rooms in differet ways and we want all guests to feel welcome. I thank you for choosingto stay with us at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, and if you are ever passing by please stop by and say hi.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Inn & Suites
Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Georgetown
SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock

Been to Candlewood Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!