“Loved this Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Gatesville
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Loved this Hotel!”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel had one of the biggest and by far THE cleanest room of any motor hotel I have stayed in over the last 5 years. It has the quality of the era it was built in, with lovely modern updates to furniture, fixtures and decor. Grounds were huge, with loads of parking close to the rooms, lots of grassy area by the pretty outdoor pool for kids to play on. Green grass area to the side of the motel was a great spot to walk the dog. The staff was super friendly and the well-built room was quiet for a good night's sleep. I will be staying here again when traveling by Gatesville!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was very leary of booking a room at this hotel mainly due to it's location. Gatesville,
Tx is a small town and most of the time I have found hotels in small towns to be anything but pleasant. We had originally tried to get a room at the Ramada but it was completely booked and this was our next best bet; we really didn't have any other choice. Upon entering the room it was as I expected just your basic ordinary hotel room. However, it was exceptionally clean and had all the amenities that I look for in a room, i.e coffee pot with all that you need to make coffee, iron/ironing board, haridryer, etc. The bed was very comfortable, as were the sheets and pillows. The a/c, which was off when we arrived, cooled the room quickly and had none of that a/c odor that you sometimes get with the floor units in these hotels. I had a very good nights sleep and if the need arises I will definitely stay at this hotel again. There is an Italian restaurant that shares a parking lot with this hotel but we did not have the opportunity to try it, however, I know several people that raved about how good it is.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tootie8
Selma, AL
Reviewed March 28, 2007

We loved our visit to this motel. It was very clean and cozy. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — clean, cozy room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank sfrye70
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2003

Gatesville is a small town so you won't find many large retail stores like Menswearhouse, Macy's, or any mega-auto dealers.
One of the most suprising things to me was that Gatesville is a "dry" town. No liquor can be purchased anywhere within the city limits (however, just outside of town is a drive-through liquor store).
The women's prisons seem to be the main industry for the town but it isn't obvious just by driving down the street.
The Best Western Chateau Ville Motor Inn is nice and was quite busy while I was there. An average motel in ammenities, with a very nice exterior.
The staff was average and helped if you asked for something but didn't try to go "the extra mile" (maybe I've just become accustom to places like The Sheraton and Hilton).
It's very hard to find something to do in the evenings so I ended up driving to Waco for most everything. Gatesville seems to shut-down at 10:00pm.
I ended up getting a room in Waco for the majority of my stay just to make the trip a little easier.
Gatesville has a nice "Main Street USA" feel to it if you like small towns (I live in a town smaller than Gatesville so it wasn't like I was getting anything unusual there).
Overall it was nothing exciting but nothing disappointing either.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatesville
Ramada Gatesville
Ramada Gatesville
#1 of 4 in Gatesville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gatesville
Atria Hotel & RV McGregor
Regency Inn Gatesville
Regency Inn Gatesville
#4 of 4 in Gatesville

Been to Rodeway Inn Gatesville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn Gatesville

Property: Rodeway Inn Gatesville
Address: 2501 E Main St, Gatesville, TX 76528-1822 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Chateau Ville Motor Inn)
Location: United States > Texas > Gatesville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Gatesville
Hotel Class:3 star — Rodeway Inn Gatesville 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn Gatesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Gatesville