“Family birthday lunch”

Cuisines: American
Rowlett, Texas
“Family birthday lunch”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Lunched their today with 6 adults and 1 child, to celebrate our daughter's 22nd birthday! Stephanie, the server, was very attentive and polite which made our visit so enjoyable. The burgers were great as usual, and we had several different burgers tried around the table! Of course, what always starts us off great, and didn't let us down this time, was the Tower of Rings and sauce that comes with it! Needless to say they're always delicious! Stephanie also brought a birthday sundae and had her crew sing their happy birthday song, which hit the spot in embarrassing our daughter! Loved it!

• Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Red burger after requesting well done, management refused to discount”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

(Note we visited this restaurant quite a few months back, but the system will not let me select a visit date prior to June).

Me and my daughter visited this location, as we have done many many times over the years. I ordered a simple burger. The waitress asked how I wanted it cooked, and I responded well done.

When the burger arrived, I cut it in half as I always do as they are usually deliciously messy. I noticed it was fairly rare. I cannot stand the sight of bleeding hamburger, so I waited until I could get the waitresses attention (which took some time). I commented that she had specifically asked me how I wanted my burger cooked, and I had responded well done. And that this one was bleeding. Even my young daughter noticed. The waitress returned the burger to the kitchen for more fire. It was returned to my table by someone else. It was cooked the second time, albeit my appetite was mostly ruined by the sight of the initial bleeding hamburger. I ate about half of the burger, and left the rest.

When I received the bill, I noticed that I was charged for the burger in full. When the waitress returned to the table to accept payment, I commented about my surprise at having to pay full price for a hamburger that was not cooked to order. Especially given she had specifically asked how I wanted it prepared. She apparently then went and discussed it with the manager on duty. The waitress returned to our table to report that the manager refused to grant any discount or refund for the burger. I commented that that approach seemed odd if a restaurant wanted to keep a frequent patron of their establishment. Heck, we knew most of the wait staff on a first name basis, as they did my family. The waitress commented that I could speak to the manager if I wished. I declined as from a patron perspective the manager had already decided to not address the issue properly. The waitress should of been duly qualified to notify management of an unhappy customer. After expressing my displeasure again, the waitress again tried to discuss a discount with the manager. I was told the manager refused a second time. The manager *never* came to our table. Wow.... I was shocked to think a manager would decide to let a patron leave very unsatisfied over an $8 hamburger.

Upon leaving the restaurant, I chatted with one of our fav waitresses and shared our experience. She was horrified and gave me the name of upper management. I contacted them via email and received a response within a few days. Instead of offering to immediately address the poor managers response and my dissatisfaction in that email, instead the email wanted me to contact the upper management personally. I refused stating that I had already clearly stated what took place in quite detail, in writing. So I was disappointed in the local manager as well as "upper" managements response to the whole situation.

I will never again visit this location of Red Robin or any other Red Robin. This long time customer will take my families business elsewhere, to locations that are not afraid to address issues and issue a discount/refund where reasonable. And who are glad to do whatever it takes to keep my ongoing business and $$'s.

• Visited June 2012
Dallas
“As close to an Australian hamburger as you can get in the USA”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We love Red Robin as it features the Royal Robin burger, a hamburger with a friend egg on top, which makes it about as close to an Australian hamburger from the Fish & Chip shop as you can get in the United States. The burger has the usual lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese and so forth, but the egg makes it "royal" and you can also request grilled onions as well.

Red Robin is great for anyone who does not particularly enjoy the "run of the mill" chain hamburgers (McDonalds, Burger King, Whataburger etc.) and any of their burgers or sandwiches can be made with a lettuce leaf "wrap" instead of a bun. This works particularly well for anyone wishing to keep their carbohydrate intake limited.

So for a great burger, you can't beat Red Robin.

• Visited February 2012
Dallas, Texas
1,726 restaurant reviews
“Unlimited French Fries”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We like the hamburgers however usually go for the fried clams. There are hamburgers served in a variety of ways. They can probably “buld” you one of your choice. They also have unlimited french fries and while one is enough for me there were those in the party that ask for a second. Service is always good and the prices decent.

• Visited November 2011
wylie,tx
“good food and service”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We like Red Robin because they have a variety of things to choose from on their menu. The food was tastey and service was good too.

• Visited August 2011