“Always good.”

Siciliano's--A Taste of Italy
Ranked #3 of 336 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richardson, Texas, United States
“Always good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Quiet, comfortable, affordable dishes, done the way you ask. Very good service too.

Visited January 2012

Lapis267
“If You've Had Italian in NYC, You'll Love This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

When you walk into Siciliano's the smell of hot garlic rolls grabs you; the experience just gets better from there. This is the only restaurant I have found since coming to Texas that actually tastes like New York Italian. The restaurant is arranged so that you and your friends can enjoy conversation with your food and drink, with Andrea Bocelli softly in the background. A wonderful place for either an intimate encounter with your favorite person or for family and friends. There is no way that you will not love this food.

• Visited May 2012
Plano, Texas, United States
“Update to my 1st review of this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

In my 1st review, I was fairly negative, due to actual events that transpired and how it was handled. To say the least, I was way less than impressed on that visit.

However, in future visits, and I made several, I came to realize that more often than not, the management does actually try to be attentive and show care about the customer.
I guess the word is "inconsistent", still I feel it's in order to re-review, from scratch, so here goes.

A lot of reviews say "over-priced".
I agree for the most part, so I will try to steer you into the better values...

1st, Lunch is much better priced than dinner. You can't go too wrong with lunch.

2nd, subscribe to various "groupon-like" daily deals, and look for 50% off vouchers you can buy. They are only good for dinner, but an excellent equalizer of the high dinner prices.
In the recent past, I've found such deals for Siciliano's in "urban Delight" and "Entertainment.com -daily deals). They are usually $10 for $20 of dinner food.

3rd, if your a pizza lover, stick to pizza. It's actually a solid value, especially with the generous servings of supperior (*almost* NY quality --I'll say 60%) garlic knots.
As for pastas, they're pretty good, but yes, rather expensive (for dinner, lunch is ok).

Strictly talking food quality...
I'm a pizza guy, my wife pasta.
They're pasta is very good. Not the very best, but up there to the point that you probably willn't be disappointed with any dish.

But let's talk pizza.
I'm a pizza fanatic, loving NY style, Chicago, and gourmet Italy style.
To keep from going off on too much of a tangent, let's talk NY pizza, since that's what Siciliano's specializes in.

At this point in time, there are only 3 places I "approve" of the NY style pizza in the DFW area (that I've tried, and there's always new ones opening, but I've probably tried at least 50 places here).
My current #1 pick is Luigi's in Frisco. Siciliano's is #2 (when they hit the spot), and Eddy's in Plano is #3.

THe key, as stated, is "when they hit the spot".
There is inconsistency, sadly, but as expected.
When they do it just right, which in their case, is very thin crust, lots of cheese, and just the right amount of sauce, and cooked just right --nothing dry, yet a slight crunch on the bottom of the crust, it's awsome.
When they miss the mark, it can be too little cheese, or thick, inconsistant crust, or too much sause, or just plain overcooked and cardboard like.. a world of difference.
But more often than not (I'll say 65% of the time), it's great NY pizza.

* Disclaimer: WHen I say "great NY pizza", be advised that I'm talking Texas standards, not NY.
Of course, Siciliano's, even at it's best, is maybe only 90% as good as a barely average place in NY. Still, that's good enough to make me, a very fussy pizza guy, happy.

• Visited April 2012
Garland, Texas, United States
“Overpriced and Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

The rolls are excellent. The menu and the food is pretty average. It does have an adequate ambiance and offers large group dinners. However, it semms overpriced for average fare.

• Visited December 2011
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We love to eat here on the weekends. Great staff, great food!

Visited March 2012