“Request Overlooked”

Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When I first booked the room over a month ago, I explicitly explained that we had a dog that is a diabetic and has to go out to pee a lot and is also blind. I requested a room on the bottom floor and whoever booked my reservation (a female during the day shift) said she would put that in the notes. I even called to confirm we still had a reservation 3 days before we arrived and reminded them we had a dog. I did not say anything about a room on the bottom floor but was assured that we would be placed on the back side where the apartments are. That was fine. When we arrived, the desk clerk was a lady in her late 40's to 50's with long dark hair. She explained where our room was and I said, "It's not on the bottom floor?" She told us it was on the second floor. I explained what issues we had with our dog and she still said it was on the second floor then proceeded to explain where the pet area was. I tried to tell her that our dog has to go out very frequently and in the middle of the night and that as soon as his feet hit the grass he would pee. She said we could pick him up and carry him to the pet area (we were in room 228 which is the last room on the top floor and around the corner from the stairs). Our dog weighs 42lbs. Carrying him up and down the stairs is not an option for us. I have a disability with blood pressure. She was businessly friendly, but not at all helpful or sympathetic. We really did love the size of the room and the location, but would've been much more satisfied if it had been on any bottom floor. There were other people with dogs on the bottom floor and I dare say they did not meet the special needs that we did. I understand that rooms get filled up and people are placed wherever they can be placed, but I made the reservations over a month ago and specifically stated what I needed. If we ever come back to Rockwall, and we would love to, we would enjoy coming back to this hotel due to the convenience, the price, and we really liked it, but it would be hard to trust that our needs would be met like we had asked. Also, we were up late and were tired and there was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to hang outside the door and we were awaked every morning by 9:40 by housekeeping wanting to clean the room. We didn't ask for that, but were happy it was done after we came back later that day. It would really be nice if they had notes saying who was leaving and who was staying so they didn't wake them up early wanting to clean. There was no need for that when we really needed to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 31, 2014

It's not fancy, but it's nice and comfortable and I felt safe. The breakfast could be a little better. The staff is friendly and relaxed. Bass Pro Shop is across the street and the restaurant was very good.

1  Thank cspk63
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Rooms clean but there were some ants. Noisy highway made it hard for me to sleep. I only had one night there, but would not have stayed longer. Close to lake for fishing, which is good for sportsmen. Glad I was able to drive there in daylight, as directions for motel confusing because of the roads and signs. I know breakfast was available but I had an early flight.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

For an inexpensive stay, this motel provided a satisfactory night's rest and had decent amenities. The facilities were reasonable and not terribly out of date. The area immediately around the motel and the adjacent apartment complex both seemed a bit sketchy when we arrived after dark, but we didn't have a problem with anyone. The east side of the hotel (surrounded by an empty field and with a view of the lake) seemed much safer and better-lit than the west side. The parking lot and rooms on the west side were much darker and much too close to the apartments next door. Overall, our experience was good. The managers and employees were friendly and treated us like family. The breakfast was good and fresh. You shouldn't expect 5-star luxury, but not a bad stay for what it is!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the East side (lake side) if possible. The parking lot and rooms on the West side...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a very clean hotel. The staff was very friendly. I never needed to ask for anything. We had a very comfortable stay. It was also a quiet location. Very close to a Bass Pro Shop. Rockwall is just a few miles away so it's very close to great dining and shopping. Also very close to the lake.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Decent enough hotel, good value but there were many things that were not in operational shape. The lobby has no carpet, just bare dusty concrete in anticipation of tile work. All the machines are put back on the bare concrete so hard to say WHEN it will be carpeted. The lobby bathroom was inoperative for all 3 days as was the guest laundry which according to staff, does not even have machines. Not sure what they did to the breakfast sausage but it was warm, yet white and flaccid... Like it was boiled or something...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The guy at the front desk was rude and not friendy at all. Place is small and is a dump. Not easy to get to from east bound side of i30. Not much around either. Low-end apartment complex next to it with beat up cars in parking lot. Poor lightling in parking lot.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends