“Huge portions of your favorite foods”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #10 of 336 Restaurants in Garland
Dallas, Texas
“Huge portions of your favorite foods”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family has eaten at this Cheddar's location since it opened. The one constant is portion size. More than enough in a single serving for adults and children, at a great price. Tonight I opted for their Chrispy Chicken Salad. It is like having two meals with the cut crispy chicken on top of the mixed salad greens. It is enough to ask for half to be boxed up to go before it's brought to the table, or simply split with another person. My daughter ordered the "pick two" and got a salad before with a half club sandwhich. Both come with a buttered croissant; honey butter! In the past others have ordered the Monte Cristo sandwhich, which comes with choice of side. The grilled Tilapia is very good, and has a pineapple topping that is perfect with it; with two sides. The only disappointment I've had is their Tortilla Soup. To much like a chili base tether than a stock clear base. But, even with that, they have a variety of menu items that are well worth it.

• Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great prices, good food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went to Cheddar's a few hours ago and we were greeted with friendly service and seated within 1-2 minutes. The server was very fast and friendly and brought us our drinks immediately. I had the blackened salmon, fries, and green beans. My girlfriend had blackened salmon. a baked potato, and broccoli. The food was very good. The only thing was that it took a long time to get the food, about 25 minutes. I guess this is how long it usually takes because we have been here a few times and it seems to take just as long. Overall, great price and great food!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank b l
Simi Valley, California
“Diverse menu, tasty selections”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've eaten at this establishment a few times and it's menu is diverse, the food is well prepared and some sandwiches have a good combination of ingredients. This time, I had the Napa Chicken Ciabatta which was quite good. The last time I visited, I had the Philly Cheese Steak which was also very good. As with many restaurants in Texas, the deserts here are quite large portions so you will want to take part of it home or share it with someone.

• Visited February 2013
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Can't Give Them Any More Five Stars”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have eaten at this location a great mana times and In have always praised the restaurant and the staff however Sunday was a different story. They now open the restaurant at 10:30 on Sunday and we entered the restaurant shortly before 11AM. There could not have been more than 20 people ahead of us when we were seated. We ordered and then we waited and waited for our food. While I am sure it was not more than 20 minutes it seemed like an eternity. We have never encountered this slow service at this location. We emptied our drink glasses before the food arrived. Finally another server brought the food to us and the food was warm and good. Our drink glasses were empty and it was minutes before the waiter came to our table and ask if we needed refills. DUH!!!----Our glasses were empty and we were not nearly finished eating. Then we noted what the problem was. The waiters were congregating at the end of the hall close to an exit door and no one---absolutely no one was getting good service. Finally one of the waiters broke from the group, walked right past us and at least a dozen other tables to a waiters stand however he picked up a can of Coke and begin to drink it. He finished then went back to thee area that he had left. Don't know what management is thinking however I don't think it is appropriate for a waiter to be drinking Coke at the waiter's stand when he should be waiting on tables. Just my opinion and I am sure he has a different opinion. We finally received the check after we declined to order desert. When we left the restaurant was almost full of customers. Sorry to see the service going downhill as we really like this place.

• Visited September 2012
dallas, texas
“YUMMY!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our department tries to have a group lunch once a month. This time we chose Cheddar's. We've been there before and really loved it. We had a spinach dip appetizer that's really good! I had the 1/2 rack of ribs, broccoli casserole and off the cob buttered corn! Even after I ate until I was stuffed, I still had enough for husband to have for dinner that night. If you haven't tried the honey buttered croissants ($1.99 for three) you really need to check it out. They are super good. The only thing I don't like is the noise level. I could hardly hear what my part was saying. Wonder if there's anything they can do about that? But that won't keep me away. Just a minor detail. Guess we need to talk more loudly!

Visited August 2012

Been to Cheddar's? Share your experiences!