“Ever-Shrinking Portions, Long Wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #23 of 336 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
“Ever-Shrinking Portions, Long Wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have been increasing disapointed with this Outback location, and I have probably made my last visit. My family likes to get take-out from here, but it's simply not worth the money and the service is hit-or-miss.

Yesterday I ordered Chicken Fried Chicken and a Joey Sirloin Tips for my son. The web site told me it would be ready in 20 minutes, but I waited in my car at the curb for 25 minutes after I arrived (a little early) for a total wait of 40 minutes. I live very close-by and arrived home within five minutes. My food was okay, but the kid's meal was cold and undercooked, and after waiting 40 minutes I did not realize that I did not get my son's drink until I was already home.

I also have a problem with the portion sizes - they seem to be getting smaller and smaller - particularly the sides and the salads. I paid an extra $0.99 to get asparagus, and I got four thin stalks of asparagus. My mashed potatoes came in a styrofoam cup that was barely half-full. On a previous visit I ordered steamed green beans and also got a tiny portion. Yesterday the total was just under $29.00 (before tip) for one entree, one kid's meal, and two side salads. There are simply better options in this price range, and the long wait and stingy portions have convinced me to pursue these other options.

Visited March 2012

Highland Village, Texas
“Crowded, long wait, hard benches, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Better options exist. Reminds us of assembly line service: Get in, Get out mentatilty of their overworked staff. For the time and money spent you should look elsewhere like Saltgrass or Landry's steakhouse. After 3 trips we have no interest returning to Outback. It's the Dairy Queen of steaks...

Visited April 2011
Rowlett, Texas
“The steaks just are not good..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

We were very dissapointed in this restuarant. After hearing everyone rave about the food, we found the steaks to be bland. They were cooked well, but the flavor was just not there. And compared to the other steakhouses around, the cost of Outback seems high. The rest of the food was good, but not good enough to have us coming back when there are other choises out there with better steaks.

Rockwall, TX
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

We had received a gift card for Outback for Christmas. We had eaten at another Outback not too far away a couple of years ago and were unhappy with our experience so we were not expecting much at this one.

We arrived early for dinner, about 4:30 on a Sunday. We arrived just before the Sunday evening crush. A hostess met us at the door and another took us to a booth which we had requested.

Our waitress was friendly, just a tad too much. We had barely sat down and she popped up to take our drink and appetizer order before we had even had a chance to look over the appetizer offerings. She took our drink order and it was quite a while before she returned. Her service was adequate but a little on the slow side but we were in no hurry.

We ordered the Spinach and Artichoke Dip which was very good. I ordered the Filet and Lobster with a baked potato and house salad as my sides. My husband ordered the Filet and Shrimp/Scallops on a Mango Salsa with a baked potato. I enjoyed my meal. My husband said the Mango Salsa was okay but he wouldn't order it again.

We ordered a slice of Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce and a slice of Carrot Cake to go. The cheese cake was okay, I left the raspberry sauce off because I did not care for the taste. My husband said that the carrot cake was good.

Overall our experience was very good. We still have a meal's worth left on our card. We'll definately return to use it.

• Visited February 2012
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Still A Very Good Outback”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

We had received a gift card and needed to spend it at a Outback. This one is not too far away and we had been here before. The streaks ordered was prepared exactly as each of us had ordered and served piping hot. We were ask to cut into the steak to see if they were as ordered and the server waited until each of us had done that. The sweet potato I ordered was very good as was the salad. We think this is one of the best Outbacks in the system and will definitely be returning. Parking is easy at the front door. This restaurant is easy to reach just off 190 in Garland.The best part was paying the bill with a gift card---like eating for free.

• Visited December 2011