“Horrible”

Add it.
Sunrise Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Horrible!!! My husband and I went there for breakfast this morning. It was the worst experience I have ever had in dining out. When we first stepped into the restaurant, we were greeted by a man in an apron screaming to the top of his lungs to the three women by the register. He stated he was sick and tired of this, and he wasn’t going to take it anymore. He said he was going to make the phone call. He then stormed off, and the three women apologized for the outburst we had witnessed. I asked who he was, and I was told he was the manager. We should have left right then and there, but we didn’t. I ordered the bacon skillet with coffee, and my husband ordered pancakes, eggs, and sausage. My bacon was raw, and I couldn’t eat any of it. My wheat toast was buttered and looked alright, but it had a strong sour aftertaste. My husband only took a couple of bites of his meal. I was not offered any refills on my coffee, but from looking around the room, no one was. When our waitress finally came by our table to check on us, she asked if anything was wrong with our food. We explained in great detail all of our concerns. She said she was very sorry we felt this way and she would return with our check. When we went to the register, the cashier asked us if we enjoyed our food. We told her no, and explained why. She said she was sorry, and they were under new management and to please give them another try. We told her we would not be back. All I can say is this...I wouldn’t want my worst enemies to darken the doors of this establishment.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is fairly new restaurant which I would guess opened in late 2012 or so. I have been there 4 times with family and friends. It has a lot going for it: a simple and attractive decor, a friendly and responsive staff, and a varied menu offering pretty much whatever food interests you at the time. I would love for this place to get a high rating, but there is one problem.

The food is just NOT GOOD. Over time I have tried the veal Jerusalem (veal had a bad under taste), eggs benedict (odd taste to the meat, hash browns absolutely burned), a gyro sandwich (pita bread dry and crumbly), and a veal and portobello mushroom in a brandy sauce (again, the veal was not good, the sauce had an under taste, and the bread rolls were stale). Tonight my wife's shrimp kabobs were greasy. My daughter's gyro had no sauce on it. In addition, my knife was stained with something, and the waitress was not willing to exchange it with a clean one until I specifically asked her to do so, as if she were going to get a demerit.

I noticed that at 6 PM there was only one other table in use, far different from the almost full room during our first visit. That and the virtually empty parking lot makes me think that I am not the only customer who does not like the food and that the place is now about to close. Perhaps the items we were served tonight were all they had had left and they are not about to buy anything fresh before closing the doors for good.

I hate to see this happen as the place has so much going for it, but if a restaurant serves bad food, there's just no reason to visit. I know I won't be going there again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is in a strip mall and almost invisible. You walk in and think "Uh-oh. This is going to be expensive." It has a simple, classy feel when you walk in. There are wine bottles cleverly placed to block the kitchen area. The wine bottles need to go! It is like smiling and nodding your head yes and saying no. Very confusing. The food was excellent and about average for breakfast. The staff was attentive and pleasant. We will visit again, but the wine bottles need to go!

1  Thank Karen B