“Good home cooking”

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #26 of 341 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to MSC for several months now and have not been disappointed. The menu is small but what they do, they do right. It is home cooking with homemade desserts. It's a quiet place with a friendly atmosphere - where everyone knows your name. The service is great and there is entertainment on some weekends which has not disappointed. Worth a trip to downtown Garland. It's a hidden gem...

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am a bit of a food snob, so pleasing me can be difficult. So far everything I've had there has been great but my favorite are the burgers. I was so happy to have found this neat little place in downtown garland. Our office crew went 3 times for lunch last week! Main Street Cafe is owned and operated by home town folks who know how to cook. Don't miss it!

1  Thank Lynn931
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband was telling me about this good cafe near downtown Garland. Be aware, you might have to walk to find a parking place. They have delicious sandwiches, soups, salads, and desserts. One extra you might want to try is their truffle fries. Yummy!

1  Thank salgoud42
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a coupon to dine at Main Street Cafe and so we decided to try it out. We were greeted promptly in friendly Texas fashion and taken to our table where we found a clean white table cloth in a quaintly decorated (with antiques) surrounding. For dinner we ordered the chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Italian style green beans. All was well prepared and the portions were large and tasty. "Nana", the owner, told us that they "didn't want anyone to go away hungry" and we can testify to that! My wife and my Mom both had to carry out their non eaten portions. This establishment is a credit to all chickens everywhere! What a great meal. We are looking forward to a return visit.

2  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We tried Main Street Cafe off a word of mouth recommendation. We were not disappointed. My husband started with a fusion watermelon tea, and I had regular tea. He enjoyed the flavor of the fusion tea. The menu offers a variety of homemade soups, salads (house, cesear, and spinach). The blue cheese dressing was wonderful. I had the Big Al burger. It is a 1/2 lb burger with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickle, 1000 island dressing on a Keiser bun. My husband had the Gatlin burger. They only use black Angus beef. Both very flavorful, and hearty. We chose both regular fries and the kettle fries. Those are truffle fused flavor with seasoning. Different, but good choice. Finally, I couldn't leave without trying the homemade peach cobbler. AWESOME! The have chicken fried chicken, chopped steak, chicken fried steak, trio of salad, salacious sandwich, etc. on the menu.

3  Thank hardiharhar_10