“Good fish or shrimp, great atmosphere.”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #15 of 339 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Upon entry, you see pictures of local fishermen and women. Lining the walls are adopted "Billy Bass" plaques. It's all in fun. There is a big beer cooler near the order counter with a wide selection. The menu includes catfish, shrimp, mud bugs, and a host of side dishes. There are booths, tables, and picnic tables for larger groups. Good blues music plays in the background.
The service is good, your order comes quickly, and all refills are free. Groups and families can also enjoy the open air section or sidewalk when weather permits. It is one of our favorites.

There are newer reviews for Flying Fish

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Good basic seafood in a fun atmosphere. The grilled salmon is my favoite - simple and tasty. The red potato side is a must - a touch on garlic in the butter. Fresh and large salads. Good crunch on the catfish. After about 10 visits, I have never had a bad meal and have taken friends there and it quickly became a favorite of theirs as well. You can eat very healthy here without feeling deprived or you can jump right into the fried stuff.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had eaten here before so we knew not to expect plates with our fried seafood basket. However, we were shocked by how bland the seafood was! The fried shrimp was ok and the red cocktail sauce pretty good, but my husband described the catfish (and I agreed) as pasty. We both said YUCK! YUCK! as we finished the meal. The best part of the meal was the cold Modelo beer and the Lance "ftesh" saltines and Tabasco sauce. Don't waste your time and money!

1  Thank JoInTexas
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Love this place. Great variety of food, very friendly employees and always clean. I eat at this place at least once a week. Sometimes we will go there to watch football or baseball games since they have several large screen TV's and outside seating, weather permitting. The food is always cooked fresh when you order and the $8 margaritas are really good! Might be a good idea to share one as they are the big ones! They also serve foods like crawfish (seasonal), oysters and frog legs; however, I stick with my favorites, catfish, shrimp and chicken! Lots of great choices for all taste buds and if you like it a little spicy, order it "snappy"!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is a fave dining place for my hubby and me. It offers wide varieties of fish, much with a Creole touch, but most every offering has a healthy component to it. For example, the fish tacos--a favorite menu item of mine--can be prepared with grilled tilapia if you prefer instead of the crispy fried fish. The grilled plates are accompanied by veggies. So since we like to dine the health-conscious way, Flying Fish is a good option for us. Fun decor, relaxed setting, economical, family-friendly--can't miss with this great place.