“Happy 91st Birthday Hanna ”

Matt's Rancho Martinez - Garland
Ranked #8 of 337 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Woodstock, Georgia
“Happy 91st Birthday Hanna ”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Great party at Matt's. The food and service was fantastic! Husband and I will definitely be back! Cosmo needed to be a little stronger.
Keep up the good work!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Matt's - Great Tex-Mex with a Twist”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went with a group. We started with the Bob Armstrong dip. It was terrific. The combination of ingredients was unusual, but they worked and the dip was delicious. Had the Matt's Famous Chile Relleno. One of the best I've ever had. Again, the ingredients were a bit unusual. First time, I've had pecan and raisins in a chile relleno. However, again, it worked. The only complaint was the tortilla chips were a bit thick & heavy, but the salsa was terrific. Service was good, but a bit slow as the restaurant was packed.

Visited December 2013
“Brisket is good but...”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The chips was very bland and grainy. The salsa was good but had a little too much spice. I had the brisket grilled tacos. The tacos weren't dripping in oil but tasted fried (not grilled). Waiter said it was gently grilled. Odd menu that skewed toward the Tex part of tex-mex. I wouldn't return again.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nice tex mex restaurant”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice variety of food. Reasonably priced. Service was just ok. Atmosphere was nice. Close to our hotel.

Visited October 2013
alpharetta
“Eh...”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Matt's has a good reputation in Dallas, so I felt pretty safe eating here. The restaurant is nicely decorated and comfortable and the staff is very nice and very efficient. The food however is just not great and not worthy of it's reputation. I travel to Dallas on business often and the first time I was there my host told me we "had" to eat at Matt's so my hopes were high. My food was not terrible, but certainly not great, it was just ok. On my most recent trip again my host said we just had to go to Matt's, so thinking maybe I just ordered the wrong thing last time I was game to try it again. Opps, wrong idea. This time I ordered something that I normally love, but really couldn't eat it here. What is the deal with Tex mex restaurants soaking their tortillas in grease and then plopping them on a plate?? I had very high expectations of Mexican food in Texas and the three times I've eaten it there it was not good at all. What am I missing?? I will say this, the next time I have to go to Matt's I will just order the cheese dip, I think it's called Bob Armstrong, it is the only thing I've had there that was amazing!

Visited October 2013