“State Volleyball Trip”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Garland
New Braunfels, Texas
“State Volleyball Trip”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Easy to get to. Very quiet room and friendly staff. Quick check in and out. Great shower and towels. Nice breakfast buffet. Bed and pillows very comfy. Nice selection of channels on the TV. Room and hotel very clean.

Room Tip: Room 301 was at end of hall and very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing holiday inn Garland as your choice of hotel. We are glad you had a wonderful stay would love to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay In the Garland Tx area. My first time on the area for business and aside from the traffic it was an excellent stay mostly due to the HI and it's staff. Krishna greeted me with a huge smile which was needed after a 10 hour drive. She made my check in quick and easy and helped me navigate my way around the area to get to my location and back.
Super comfortable bed, and even though you are near the PGB Freeway, it has to be the quietest room I have ever had. The room was much larger than I expected with plenty of room to spread out and work and exceptionally clean.
I would recommend this location to anyone going to the area, and will stay again when I return. This is definitely a "10" location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I absolutely understand how towing long travels are. I am glad that our agents were able to give you that homely feel and accommodate your needs. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn garland and would love to have you back .
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've been coming here on a regular basis for just over 3 years, exclusively for business. Location, ease of access off the PGB Tollway, very good accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff makes this place a winner. The property is a newer Holiday Inn; the beds are definitely comfortable, great towels, etc... and the COMPLIMENTARY buffet breakfast is excellent. Eggs, hash browns, sausage/ bacon, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, fruit, waffles, oatmeal, cereal... darn near everything, every day (except Sunday, I believe).

As you look at the total sum when considering a hotel, the most important elements need to be there. While the work out room is small it definitely needs upkeep. The indoor pool, I have not tried. However great staff; (Krishna, Lenore, and Missy just to name a few) are exceptionally helpful and friendly! They go beyond the call of duty as I see with ALL guests. Comfortable rooms & beds, free Wi-Fi, CONSISTENCY each stay - and the buffet is a worthy effort.

Not much for negatives here (workout room needs help), but I'd offer enough stays to suggest that the consistency and rooms are excellent for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Ted , Thank you for patronizing us, We are grateful for your business and taking time to review us.

Warm Regards
Paul
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ended up here because another hotel had overbooked. Turned a bad day into a great lodging experience. Staff was very helpful and immediately there to help. Room was immaculate and beds/pillows were some of the best I have ever slept on. The large soft towels were super nice and everything else was above standards right down to the special "fold" on the toilet paper. I have paid $400 per night for a similar room elsewhere so $101.52 (2 person occupancy) was a steal.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and it was quiet with a window opening out onto a residential area behind...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest ,I truly Appreciate you comments . We believe in providing quality service to our guest across all spectrum . and its comments such as yours which make us feel that we are succeeding in our mission. Would love to have you back.

Sincerely ,
Paul BIsht
Reviewed August 26, 2013

You know what to expect at Holiday Inn, as usual it was clean the staff was pleasant and helpful.
What we didn't expect was no breakfast included. There is a cafe on sight so you can purchase meals. Next the air conditioning was erratic 59 degrees at 10 p.m. 88 degrees at 3 a.m.. We were able to get the air back on and get back to sleep. I did inform the staff and they reacted properly to get it investigated. Bed was not as comfortable as some but certainly not a deal breaker. Next time I would probably opt for the Hyatt across the street where my children were staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear wren b,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently booked two rooms. First room. Was great, clean, cool, comfortable. The adjoining room that my daughter and grandchildren stayed in had problems. The air conditioner was so loud my daughter had to turn it up in the middle of the night so it would go off and stay off so they could sleep. Also the t.v. did not work. They sent someone up to "fix" it but no luck. Theae things were. Reported at the time as well as at check out. I hve been to many Holiday Inns in the past and never had these problems. Think we should have gotten something off the bill to have a room where children are staying with no tv.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest , I regret that you were not able to thoroughly enjoy your stay .I would address your issue to our team and will make sure going forward we proactively address the issue. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Sincerely ,
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stay for 2 nights at this hotel which is located right on George W. Bush Freeway. Right next door is the following: Chuck-E-Cheese, Olive Garden, and 2 or 3 more restaurants. On the other side of the freeway about a 5 minute drive is new IHOP, Super Target, Super Wal-Mart, CFA, Sonic, Cheddars, Starbucks, Smoothie King, strip shopping center, etc. There is a very nice shopping center within a 5-10 minute drive called FIREWHEEL CENTER (you can google & see the stores). From the Freeway you are within a 10-15 minute drive of Plano, 20 minutes to Frisco/Allen. It's very convenient & the hotel is nice & clean. My only 2 complaints are the following: the hotel snack shop was very poorly stocked. They had a list of drinks/snacks available & the 2 days & 3rd day leaving we were present, it was never re-stocked. It probably had 1/2 of what the list said they were suppose to have. I have stayed at lesser quality hotels with much better options. Also, if you go the Wal-Mart & Target & Starbucks on the other side of the freeway, it's a little inconvenient to get back to the hotel. Otherwise, very convenient & nice hotel. You also had to pay for breakfast so we didn't choose to eat there (not big breakfast eaters) & just went to Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feed positive feed back and suggestions you have made .We would love to have you back and will be mindful of stocking our sundries shop in near future .

Paul Bisht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area

Been to Holiday Inn Garland? Share your experiences!