Holiday Inn Garland
$59
$65
$76
$96
All reviewsindoor poolbreakfast buffetfront desk staffnice hotelnice holidaybusiness travelvery comfortable stayrooms are cleanconvenient locationdallas areabed was comfortableinnspillowscompetitiondryersinktx
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable with the exception of the pillows. They were banded soft or firm but it meant nothing. They were firm or lumpy. I called for a soft pillow but it took so long I called again and told them I needed to get to sleep so forget about the pillow. They said that they would send one in the morning but that never happened and I needed to call again the next night. I did get one then. There was no makeup mirror in the bathroom and the mirror over the sink was to far for me so I had to put makeup on in the mirror in the foyer which was really not that well lit. The lobby was very plain and there were just two chairs and one table. It was hard to look for the ride I was waiting for since the chairs were far from the entrance. The desk people were not overly friendly, no hello or goodbye. All in all, I would stay there again because it is the closest to my daughter's house and they have to pick us up every day. It was clean and quiet and comfortable, except for the pillows, so if you just need a place to sleep it"s OK. I did not eat there so I can not comment on the food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear guest we appreciate your candid comments. We take guest reviews very seriously and make every effort to improve our Modus operandi based on guest feedback. I am glad you had a satisfactory stay with some minor concerns. Being part of hotel chain we have some compliance standards and every effort is made to make sure to incorporate all guest feedback .I will be forwarding your suggestion /comments to appropriate authority for further consideration.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and it was very comfortable and the rooms are very modern (kind of decorated like the Aloft hotels) The hotel was clean and appeared pretty new. I thought the parking lot was too dark so was glad to get a spot near the front of the hotel. The front desk staff was efficient, but not warm. Questions were treated somewhat like a burden.
The exercise room was small but had the basic machines, but nothing else. The bar area was not very appealing, and I didn't eat at the restaurant. There are lots of good chain restaurants very near by. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest, Thank you for your comments .I am glad you had a comfortable stay.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at HI Garland North for 2 nts in October 2012. As this was a business trip, I had several conversations with reservation agents before my stay. All were very helpful. The hotel appears fairly new, is very clean, and the staff the most friendly I've encountered on recent trips. Rooms are clean and beds are nice. The hotel offers a quick start breakfast. There are restaurants and shopping nearby. The Cullwell Convention Center is almost directly across the freeway, so this is a great choice if you're attending an event there. It's also much more reasonably priced than the hotel directly adjacent to Cullwell Center. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon B

I am glad to see ,you had a great stay .I am very pleased that staff was warm and catered to your needs in appropriate fashion. We thrive for perfection and its comments like your which make us to work even harder. We would love to have you back at Holiday In garland , “ A great hotel guest Love”.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Spent four nights at the hotel during September 2012.

Friendly and efficient staff, good location close to both our office in Garland and shopping centers. Nice breakfast compared to the hotel opposite on the other side of the Turnpike.

Will be glad to return during next stay in Garland!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest, Thanlk you for your comments , we would love to have you back when visiting Garland on your next Trip.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were awakened at 7am to a pounding noise and vibrating walls. I went to the front desk to ask about the noise and the girl said it was "the church in their banquet hall". As far as the incredibly loud music and my inability to sleep she said "There's nothing I can do about it". Absolutely horrible experience and very unprofessional staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank STUNTS4FILM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear STUNTS4FILM,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping noise may have caused you. Please be assured that all feedback is reviewed and acted upon to ensure we constantly improve.

Janice A