“Horrible Experience/Rude,Unprofessional Staff!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I swear I will never stay at this hotel again! The people have no class. And personally, I don't think they like black people very much, at least that's the way Daniel (night supervisor) made it seem. First, I was charged $4.99 the 1st night for a TV show I did not even watch. I was supposed to get a call from the night manager to resolve the charges and the call never came. The TV is rigged so that it is hard for you to flip through regular channels and if you inadvertently push a wrong button, not the SELECT button but the right arrow button to get out of the selection, then you end up selecting the TV Show and are on the hook for the charge, no questions asked. If that isn't bad, the food here is crappy, the staff except for 1 or 2 are rude, unprofessional, and will nickel and dime the heck out of you. I attempted to order a movie (Hercules) the last night of my stay and was told I had to leave another $25 deposit for incidentals. When I protested, Daniel, the so-called night supervisor demanded that since I had checked in three times, I needed a third $25 deposit. This was a lie! I had only checked in twice. And when I tried to explain that I had only checked in twice, had only had my keys reactivated once, she got hostile, belligerent, argumentative and blatantly refused to allow me to order the movie unless I placed another $25 on the card. I was shocked at her behavior. How stupid was that? I already had $50 on the books. Rather than make a scene, cause unnecessary chaos, why not just apply the charges to that $50. When I asked to speak to the GM, she blurted out that she was already calling him and then hung up the telephone on me. She was just outright wrong, wouldn't listen to reason, and then turned outright nasty! This is why there is race relation issues in this country! Because people like Daniel, who believes they can treat other people like crap and then cry foul when they give it right back to her. When it was all said and done, my bill for this miserable stay was $400. Obviously, I am not happy about what I evidently paid for a crappy stay! But, you live and learn.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 289anthonym
Jay K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post about my hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. As well in reviewing your reservation, you have stayed with us starting back in January as well in February along with this stay. I guess we are doing something correct if you continue to stay with us here in Garland.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice lots of restaurants around. We stayed here cause we meet some family members that live near by. My husband checked in and from then on out terrible service! The front deck person has to do it all. Check in and check out, bartender, breakfast & housekeeping. We ordered 2 drinks at the bar and she brought beer and she had to get the book out to try and make a Majito that they're to server. After 10 min waiting on her to make the drink I ordered something else. Then they ran out of mix and juice to make the drink. Next day we check out and the computers are down. We need a receipt so my husband ask them to email it. It's now day 3 and no receipt. We have emailed the manager and still have not heard back from them. We will NOT be back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank crown9
Jay K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your insight into the Hyatt Place Garland. I want to apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just recently stayed here and it is really a nice . Breakfast was wonderful with a lot of food to choose along with Starbucks coffee in which is free with your stay .The staff was friendly and always willing to help. Rooms are very spacious with nice 42 inch TV's in the sitting areas and in the bed rooms. Under $100.00 a night you can not beat that!

Room Tip: Reserve your room for Sunday thru Saturday cheaper price
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimmy4660
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had a very nice stay at the Hyatt Place in Garland. Greeted very nicely at check in. Nice room. Excellent TV with plenty of stations. Shower was excellent as well. Breakfast was by far the best hotel breakfast Ive ever had. Very close to several eating places. Ihop,Matt's & Buffalo wild wings right in front of hotel. Close to Target,Sam's & Walmart. Also close to Taco Bell,Chickfila,Panda Express,Starbucks & many more. I would give this hotel a 4.5 overall. Only thing that keeps my review from being a 5 is the night cleck was mildly unfriendly-no smile-no greeting-almost mean looks coming from her(we all have bad days I guess). Also the couch could use a cleaning. Smelled like feet or Body odor. But the worst is at 8am the housekeeping yelling and pounding over & over on the door. Regardless of that I would still stay here again in a heartbeat. Still cant believe how good that breakfast was.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have stayed before, will stay again. Wonderful location. Very quiet even with large groups of guests. So much room compared to the standard hotel room. The complimentary breakfast is standard with ample room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was here with my wife and two kids (14 and 12). We had an excellent experience. This property is new and very well kept. Our room was spacious, with a nice couch and relaxation area. We only stayed one night. We were very impressed with breakfast, they have a nice buffet with Starbucks coffee and BACON! Great value, nice property, good breakfast. Perfect for our family for one night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jay K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write about us on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see that your experience was nothing less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments will be shared wit hthe staff.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 972-414-3500

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff, 24 hour room service, free breakfast and great quiet location. This hotel was a great find when searching for a good hotel price. I stayed in a king suite and it was very comfortable. Mini- fridge in the room was nice. Will stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mickey2go

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing a Trip Advisor and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 972-414-3500.

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
7 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!