“Very Pleased”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here a full week in October, 2012. Big clean room, excellent included breakfast, excellent front desk service. Paper at your door each morning, a small bar downstairs, close to restaurants and shopping. The courtesy van took my wife to the mall two separate days while I was away. Will stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Holly J, Director of Catering at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! It was a great reflection of why we work so hard to keep our guests happy. We look forward to you staying at the hotel again in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I were in town for 3 days for my father's funeral and arrived at 10:00 pm to check in after driving for 15 hours. The check-in desk was very disorganized, people complaining the keys didn't work, etc. After I checked in and was given my key, I go to the assigned room and other guests were in there already. Luckily, they were not in the room when some strange person opens it with a key that works! I was given another room, but it was annoying, and may have been an unpleasant situation had the other guests been in their room. Our room was not made up the first day we stayed, so on day 2 it was a complete disaster and we had to ask for towels, washcloths, and toilet paper. The check out process was not any smoother than check in. They had one attendant trying to operate the snack area and the front desk. The computers didn't work and I am still waiting on my receipt that was supposed to be emailed to me.
On a positive note, Deborah, the breakfast area attendant was amazing. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was filled and re-filled, and clean at all times. The breakfast itself was nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

First and foremost, I'm so sorry that you had to go through an experience like this. I can assure you that I will investigate this with the utmost attention as to ensure this doesn't happen again to you or any of our valued guests in the future. I am sorry that you had to stay here for such a sad occassion. I will be happy to pass your feedback on to Deborah at the front desk. She's a great asset to our hotel.

Very Respectfully,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very comfortable hotel for our family and friends when there for a swim meet in Rockwall. Easy to get to and kids really enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was great- not just the usual free pastry and coffee. Healthy choices and Starbucks were very much appreciated. Top it off with a ridiculously good rate through a bidding site and we couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were checked in quickly and the desk clerk was very friendly. The lobby was very nice and comfortable. Our room was very clean and large. We were very excites about free wi-fi but the signal was terrible. There were several times we couldn't get on at all. We tried the help line and he said that he would notify hotel but the signal never got better. It was kind of a cell phone black whole as well. The staff was friendly the entire time and the breakfast was usually a little more than continental. First day was cereal, bagels, french toast, egg mcmuffin like products and yogart. Another was biscuits and gravy in addition to the other things. They also have free starbucks coffee in the morning. Also try out Matt's Rancho Martinez out front.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass on the cell information on to the Engineering team to have them review. We look forward to you staying at the hotel again in the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was the official hotel for the TX state wrestling tournament. It was directly across from the stadium, so we could walk, which was fantastic. Although the workout room was tiny, I had no trouble getting a treadmill workout in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly, even when dealing with a packed hotel full of kids, with two or three different events going on in their banquet/conference rooms. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very nice. Much better than several other Hyatt Place hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for the amazing review! We really enjoy hosting the Wrestling Group and the incredible group of individuals that attend/participate. We appreciate your feedback so very much and I'll be sure to pass it along to the team. Thank you again and please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

Scott Perrine

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The bed is very comfortable and guarentees a good nights sleep. Breakfast is basic however still good. The restaurant staff on the whole are very pleasant and polite. There is a laundry that you can use and soap powder is provided free.
There is free internet provided throughout the hotel.
There is a swimming pool and gym, the gym is tiny and gets very hot however for a short workout the running machines are more than acceptable, there are also weights and a bench press. There is a swimming pool and a jacuzi however to me it looked quite dirty and didnt look very inviting so I stayed away.

Room Tip: Take the 5th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We appreicate your loyalty and for giving us the opportuntity to serve you on your recent visit to North Garland/Dallas! Thank you for this incredible feedback and we'll be sure to share it with out team. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel was so helpful & friendly. You didn't want for anything. I will stay here again. It was easy to get to off of the Highway. It was easy to get to where we were going. The beds were comfortable. There were several eating places around there too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit this review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, the hotel, the staff, & the surrounding area! We have a really great team in place that tries to go above & beyond to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience. Thank you again for the very kind review & I'll be sure to share with our team. Hope to see you again real soon!

Scott Perrine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#5 of 16 in Garland
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!