“Very nice hotel, super-friendly staff.”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is super-friendly and really makes you feel welcome and special. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. The hotel is very well insulated and noise from the corridor or from other guest rooms is no big issue. The hotel breakfast is okay and is being served in a very nice atmosphere.
I missed a really warm shower and the water pressure was definitely lacking. The water temperature was just never warm enough and the water pressure was deplorable. That's why I can not give the highest rating for this otherwise very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. First & foremost, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff was very attentive, courteous, & warm. We also enjoyed hearing that the rooms and overall hotel presentation was pleasing. Thank you for letting us know about the weakened water pressure and low hot water temperatures. We are going to review extensively with our engineering team so we can find the cause and address immediately. We certainly hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your loyalty.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Lots of good things about this hotel. And a few not so good.

The major problem was with the customer service. When my wife and I got checked in and got up to our room, we discovered we were in a two queen bed room instead of a king room. No big deal, I thought. They'll move us. But they didn't.

Now, I booked this hotel on Priceline, so I didn't expect to get my choice of rooms at all. I get that. But, when I called the hotel several days before I checked in, I was assured that they had reserved a king room for me. Obviously whoever I spoke to on the phone misled me.

When I explained this to the front desk that night, I was argued with. There was no way this could have been so, I was told. You are booked in a double queen room, not a king room, and there are no notes otherwise, I was told. They couldn't move me to a king room because they were all taken, they said.

This wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't been promised a king room over the phone. I was lied to. Flat out.

When it was clear that I would not be given a king room by the person working the front desk, I was told I could speak to the manager. However she was out "running errands." So I was told she would speak with me when she returned.

She never contacted me. This is upsetting. Again, it wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't been told that I would hear from her. But I was told that, and I never heard from her. Bad customer service. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth. And for this reason I will likely not return to this hotel, which stinks because I liked the area.

However there were many good things about this hotel. The lobby is nice. Everything looks fairly new and well cared for. Our room was well-appointed with a mini-fridge, large flat screen tv, comfy beds, large seating area with couch and work station. Great rooms.

Wifi is free throughout the hotel and signal is strong.

Breakfast was quite good for being a free "continental." There were several hot items, including waffles and biscuits with gravy. Coffee is also available 24 hours.

The free breakfast makes this hotel a very good value.

The Hyatt Place is located right off the George Bush Turnpike, and there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Walmart and Super Target are also right by. The Firewheel Shopping Center, which is really fun, is just a couple miles east.

All in all, I would most definitely have booked this hotel again had it not been for the promises made to me that were not kept in regards to my room. If they had made that up to me somehow, I probably would have become a Hyatt Place customer.

• Stayed: February 2013
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this very valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. First & foremost let me sincerely apologize on behalf of the hotel & our team for the miscommunication and incorrect room type you received. That is unacceptable and we should have provided better service than that. I'm embarrassed that we didn't go above & beyond to listen, follow up, and see it through. I can assure you that we will take this feedback and share it without team so can be make improvements to better serve our loyal guests in the future. I sincerely apologize and hope that this will not impact your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels.

Thank you for also taking the time to share with us and fellow Trip Advisor visitors the elements & services you enjoyed. It was a very fair, well thought, and informative review that we sincerely appreciate as we strive to make adjustments/improvements for all of our valued guests.

If I can be of any service or assist in any way, please contact me directly here at the hotel. Thank you for your time & loyalty. We sincerely hope to be given the opportunity to serve you again one day.

Very Respectfully & Sincerely,

Scott Perrine
972-202-5712 (Direct Office Line)

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel space and cleanliness is great. Hotel staff members are friendly. I called down for some additional pillows and they gladly said, "Sure, can you come down and get them." Which is better than my stay at another hotel where they said they would bring them up, but never did.

The breakfast is fantastic. Fruit, yogurt, egg/spinach/cheese bagels and croissants, granola, and more.

• Stayed: January 2013
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments & for taking the time out of your day to do so! We always enjoy getting feedback & hearing that a guest enjoyed their stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great 2 night stay for 2 adults, 1 child, Dec 25-27, 2012.
* Friendly staff
* Super clean all over hotel & rooms
* Wonderful comp breakfast with variety each day
* Comp newspapers
* Easy location off highway
* Lots of restaurants within walking distance
* Over-size rooms (we just had standard 2 queen room) Has sofa, desk, too
* 2 comp computers in lobby + printer for your use
* Pool looked nice (outdoor) but too cold for us right now!!
* Great price = $110 a night
* Beds/Bedding comfy & clean

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank for the wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon! Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Business travel brings me often to this friendly and courteous hotel. Guests are greated by the hotel staff who have a sense or humor and are extremely friendly. The rooms are consistently clean. A hosted breakfast each morning is filled with goodies including hot eggs, oat meal, fruit, etc. There are two free computers with a printer in the lobby. The computer on the right is faster than the one on the left. Two restaurants are across the parking lot: Matt's mexican restaurant has outstanding food and the best margarita in town; Buffalo Wild Wings is typically noisey with sports on the TV. A quick drive (or even walk) around the corner is Thai Jasmine located in the mall across the street in front of Target and near Starbucks. This is a friendly and outstanding Thai restaurant - a favorite. WalMart, Sam's Club, and Target in the same nearby mall.

Room Tip: Just ask for the "quietest room" and they'll do so. I've stayed on various floors...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

This was absolutely wonderful to read! Thank you so much. I know our current and future guests are going to really enjoy and appreciate this. We're so glad to hear that the staff, the room accommodations and location all met your expectations. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do so and most importantly, thank you for your loyalty. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been travelling to Garland each year for business. Others have recommended some different hotels in the area to try, but I refuse because this Hyatt Place feels like my home away from home. My typical stay is a 5 nights. It is important for me to feel the comforts of home when I am away for this period of time. This establishment hits the mark every time. The rooms are new and clean. The furnishings are modern. The office accessories are ideal for a short or extended stay. Service is friendly and outstanding also. On my last trip I arrived for a late 11:30pm check in. When I got to my room i wanted to unwind by watching the TV. I noted the remote batteries were missing and called down to the front desk. A new remote was brought to my room in a few minutes at 11:30 at night.
I always take advantage of the breakfast and enjoy the diverse selection. They have even accomodated my request for richer and bolder tasting coffee in the morning.
There is a great selection of restaraunts to chose from all with in steps from the hotel.
It is comforting to know that when I am scheduled to visit Garland that the one thing I do not have to worry about is which Hotel I will be staying at. See you next spring.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's wonderful to hear that the hotel, the rooms, the staff, & the services provided all exceeded your expectations. Knowing that we were able to provide a comfortable home away from home experience for you means a lot to each and every one of us. We want to strive towards providing authentic hospitality throughout each encounter. We're so delighted that you chose our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Was checked into a dirty room. Called one hour ago and asked for clean sheets, the bed had been slept in and the sheets are soiled! Would NEVER stay here again and will NOT suggest this dump to anyone. Thought Hyatt was a better brand. Very sad!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank SASHCRAFT
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

First and foremost, I'm so sorry that you had to go through an experience like this. I'm deeply embarrassed and no guest should ever be checked into a room that has not properly been cleaned & inspected. I can assure you that I will investigate this with the utmost attention as to ensure this doesn't happen again to you or any of our valued guests in the future. I was also deeply saddened that it took over an hour for our team to respond. That is unacceptable and we pride ourselves on better service that what you encountered. I'm so sorry for this terrible experience and we're going to work to make it better. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to get further details as well as ensure you are not charged for your stay.

Very Respectfully,

Scott Perrine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 16 in Garland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!