Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
$51
Hotels.com
$76
$96
All reviewsbuffalo wild wingscorner roomvery nice staygreat roomconvention centereating placesliving areathe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againhot itemsexcellent hotelvisit familyoatmealfree breakfastgeorge bushchecking outrooms are large
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our king room was clean, quiet and very large with wrap around sectional sofa separated from the bedroom by a small partition. A 42-inch flat screen HD TV can be viewed from either the sofa or the bedroom. There’s a convenient desk and chair work area across from a bar with a refrigerator. Wireless throughout the hotel. Also two hotel computers with a black and white printer are available for guests. Aqua-fresh toothpaste is provided in the room along with high quality toiletries.

Breakfast offered way to many options to list here but highlights were egg on english muffin with ham and cheese cooked fresh on a hot skillet, hot oatmeal, gourmet teas, fresh fruit, large juice selection, everything you would expect to order in a restaurant but it was all complimentary with the room. The staff is well trained. They treat you more like you would expect from a bed and breakfast host. Terrific concept for a hotel, it seems they thought of everything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Springers
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you so very much for the wonder review! I shared it with our team and we really enjoyed your "they thought of everything" headline! We have a lot of really wonderful folks here that take an immense amount of pride in what they do each day. Hearing great feedback such as yours really brightens their day! We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us from the comfort of the room, to the service, and espeically the new complimentary breakfast program. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

When you factor cost relative to the quality of the facility, comfort of the rooms, and amenities this hotel is a good value. The facility was fresh, clean and modern, with a hint of a Asian influence. Parking was ample, easy to negotiate and appeared safe and well lighted. The room, a double queen, was very spacious and nicely appointed. The beds were comfortable, linens and pillows were nice quality. Large flat screen TV and sitting area gave the room the feel of a high end property. Climate controll to the room was good and the rooms were quite. I found very little inside or out that was amiss at the facility. Location is great, even if you don't use the toll road. The complementary breakfast was very good, the staff had told me that they had recently rolled out a new breafast "Kitchen Skillet" line. The food was very good and the selection was varied. The only limiting mark for the entire stay was the staff, and dinning space was a little overwhelmed during breakfast. My daughter and I arrived well before the breafast line was slated to close (around 9 a.m.) and found a good selection, and adequate seating (although I had to bus my own table to clear of the prior occupant's dishes). Thirty minutes later, I was going to make a tray for my wife who was ariving later. However, many of the items were out i.e., oat-meal, coffe, many of the signiture breafast sandwiches, utensiles and plates were also scarse or non-existant. She wound up with a cup of decafinated coffe and a baggle.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. We're glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us along with the hotel services & location. The new breakfast program is getting rave reviews! We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for chosing Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were visiting family, and decided to stay at a hotel, rather than stay at their home. This was a great find. Not only was it competitively priced, the location was awesome. The nearby restaurants include buffalo wild wings, IHOP and Mikes. Not far away were Walmart, Sam's club and many other restaurants. Going further, the fire wheel mall and all of those great stores are there as well. There are two or three golf courses 2-5 minutes from the hotel as well. The pool is small, and is located on the Northwest corner of the hotel, so late day sun is there.

The breakfast is not bad, as my bride ate there. I was more discerning because I travel so much, and found other places for breakfast. There is a SONIC nearby for their burritos. Behind the hotel is a road that allows you to get to Walmart and those stores without going around the underpasses of the GB highway. The best way to FireWheel mall is to follow the hwyway for about a mile and get off at the 2nd exit going north or east. I forgot to mention there are lots of free parking, and the convention center is across the street behind the hotel.

As for the rooms they are well done and modern. The beds are soft and the pillows are abundant and of various levels.. soft to firm.. our room had refrigerator and a flat screen TV to watch the Olympics. Internet - wifi connections (free) were on several floors so you had good connections. My cell phone worked well.

The staff were great. On the front desk, Emily and several others were prompt, friendly and helpful. My bride and I would stay here again.. definitely. I would suggest people where name tags as I wanted to mention more people at the front desk and our housekeeper but without nametags I was left without names!

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on an even # floor as they have the ice machines. I did not want those, so I had a odd# floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your well detailed comments regarding your previous stay with us. We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and that the amenities and location of the hotel were abundantly satisfactory! We just implemented our new breakfast program which is receiving rave reviews! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this hotel while working in Garland for a couple of days. I was really impressed with the staff and the friendliness of everyone at this hotel. Drinks at the bar were good after a day in the 109 degree heat, but breakfast wasn't that great as the food seemed to be prepared in a microwave because the sausage and egg burrito was cold in the center while the outer part was just warm.
The room was very spacious, comfortable and up to date as was the rest of the hotel. The only noise I heard was next door when the cleaning staff were cleaning rooms.
I highly recommend this hotel and will continue to stay here as long as Hyatt maintains the high standards put forth by the management and staff of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel! This Texas heat can be unforgiving during the summer so after that 109 degree day, we're glad that cold drink hit the spot! Good news is that our breakfast is getting a complete remodel in the upcoming week! The food, decor, & presentation is getting a makeover and for the better! It's called the Hyatt Place Skillet Program! It's going to have some incredible upgrades that we think you will enjoy! Thank you again for the great comments & feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at a competitors across the road for a couple of days prior to finding my little oasis here. The staff has been exceptionally accomodating, as well as friendly. The rooms are clean, spacious and well laid out. Mangement seems to have their finger on the pulse here. I like when people just "get it". It was good to see that their gym has free weights as well as the standard cario machines. The pool is well laid out and clean. I would have liked the pool chairs to be a bit better though. The pool chairs are new, but had the rubber straps, which stick to you if you dont lay a towel down. But hey, if thats the only thing I can complain about, then...not bad. Breakfast is good and they have a snack shop for the late night munchies. Also, I have noticed (I will be here two weeks), that they are well staffed. I have had a couple of minor issues which were addressed and resolved immediately. Nice work Hyatt!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Wow, I have to say that you really made our day! Thanks for the great compliments & feedback. I agree that in this Texas heat, those pool chairs are not the design we need. We're going to continue to pursue this and look for a replacement next season. Great suggestion! It really means a lot to our team to receive feedback such as yours. They have a genuine passion for what they do and it warms our heart to know that you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to hear that you'll be back soon! Thank you again!