“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Garland
New England USA
“Great Stay”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were visiting family, and decided to stay at a hotel, rather than stay at their home. This was a great find. Not only was it competitively priced, the location was awesome. The nearby restaurants include buffalo wild wings, IHOP and Mikes. Not far away were Walmart, Sam's club and many other restaurants. Going further, the fire wheel mall and all of those great stores are there as well. There are two or three golf courses 2-5 minutes from the hotel as well. The pool is small, and is located on the Northwest corner of the hotel, so late day sun is there.

The breakfast is not bad, as my bride ate there. I was more discerning because I travel so much, and found other places for breakfast. There is a SONIC nearby for their burritos. Behind the hotel is a road that allows you to get to Walmart and those stores without going around the underpasses of the GB highway. The best way to FireWheel mall is to follow the hwyway for about a mile and get off at the 2nd exit going north or east. I forgot to mention there are lots of free parking, and the convention center is across the street behind the hotel.

As for the rooms they are well done and modern. The beds are soft and the pillows are abundant and of various levels.. soft to firm.. our room had refrigerator and a flat screen TV to watch the Olympics. Internet - wifi connections (free) were on several floors so you had good connections. My cell phone worked well.

The staff were great. On the front desk, Emily and several others were prompt, friendly and helpful. My bride and I would stay here again.. definitely. I would suggest people where name tags as I wanted to mention more people at the front desk and our housekeeper but without nametags I was left without names!

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on an even # floor as they have the ice machines. I did not want those, so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your well detailed comments regarding your previous stay with us. We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and that the amenities and location of the hotel were abundantly satisfactory! We just implemented our new breakfast program which is receiving rave reviews! We hope to see you again soon!

Scott Perrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Grinnell, Iowa
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this hotel while working in Garland for a couple of days. I was really impressed with the staff and the friendliness of everyone at this hotel. Drinks at the bar were good after a day in the 109 degree heat, but breakfast wasn't that great as the food seemed to be prepared in a microwave because the sausage and egg burrito was cold in the center while the outer part was just warm.
The room was very spacious, comfortable and up to date as was the rest of the hotel. The only noise I heard was next door when the cleaning staff were cleaning rooms.
I highly recommend this hotel and will continue to stay here as long as Hyatt maintains the high standards put forth by the management and staff of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel! This Texas heat can be unforgiving during the summer so after that 109 degree day, we're glad that cold drink hit the spot! Good news is that our breakfast is getting a complete remodel in the upcoming week! The food, decor, & presentation is getting a makeover and for the better! It's called the Hyatt Place Skillet Program! It's going to have some incredible upgrades that we think you will enjoy! Thank you again for the great comments & feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Plano
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at a competitors across the road for a couple of days prior to finding my little oasis here. The staff has been exceptionally accomodating, as well as friendly. The rooms are clean, spacious and well laid out. Mangement seems to have their finger on the pulse here. I like when people just "get it". It was good to see that their gym has free weights as well as the standard cario machines. The pool is well laid out and clean. I would have liked the pool chairs to be a bit better though. The pool chairs are new, but had the rubber straps, which stick to you if you dont lay a towel down. But hey, if thats the only thing I can complain about, then...not bad. Breakfast is good and they have a snack shop for the late night munchies. Also, I have noticed (I will be here two weeks), that they are well staffed. I have had a couple of minor issues which were addressed and resolved immediately. Nice work Hyatt!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Wow, I have to say that you really made our day! Thanks for the great compliments & feedback. I agree that in this Texas heat, those pool chairs are not the design we need. We're going to continue to pursue this and look for a replacement next season. Great suggestion! It really means a lot to our team to receive feedback such as yours. They have a genuine passion for what they do and it warms our heart to know that you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to hear that you'll be back soon! Thank you again!

La Crosse, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice modern decor, the staff was really nice and I got a great deal on the room through a booking site. With the booking site it only gave me a King room but I had my husband and 3 kids with me, and they upgraded me to double queen no problem. They charge your card 25$ for incedentals and it was released pry within a day of checking out. The room was awesome, very modern and had a separate living area. Beds were comfy and it had a mini fridge, iron, ironing board and a full size hair dryer. Which is good because I forgot mine. They also provided some nice little mini toothpaste, aquafresh, so we didn't even have to use our own. They gave us a new one the next day too. There were a few things going on that weekend, like a family reunion and a wedding, but it didn't bother us any. The hotel even hung a big picture of that whole family saying welcome "*** " family. That was nice. The walls do seem to be pretty thin because I could hear what the person in the next room was doing. I wasn't worried about me though, I was worried for them! I got 3 little ones and man can they be noisy! I was worried we would disturb the other guests. The couch pulls out into a pretty decent bed so that was nice and we pry could have fit all the kids on that bed anyways even if we did end up getting stuck with a king. The hot tub wasn't working, which is unfortunate. The breakfast was ok, it's just continental but the staff were very nice. My husband was very pleased to see biscuits and sausage gravy the second morning, though. The only bad thing I have to say about this place is that the second night we went swimming, the pool was full of leaves. I mean, ALOT of leaves. It was almost time for the pool to close though and we had rushed back in time to swim, and it was just very annoying to try and swim with all the leaves. I mainly stuck to one area but just could not enjoy it so we left. Other than that, it was a great stay and this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
It was very enjoyable to read your comments & feedback this morning! We'll be sure to pass along to our team as they always enjoy hearing from our valued guests. It was wonderful to hear that the hotel accommodated your family well and we're so glad that enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you’re having a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this Hyatt. Immediately upon entering I was warmly greeted by the staff. Brittney checked me in and then gave me a tour of the hotel along with an explanation of all the amenities. She was very friendly and warm. The entire hotel was clean as was my room. The rooms are spacious with a great tv and mini refrigerators. There are several restaurants that are in walking distance and even more in the general area.

I admit I was hesitant to stay at this hotel based on my past experiences at other locations. I am glad I decided to give it a shot. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Brittany is one of our most sincere & genuine hosts. We're so fortunate to have her on our team and we're certainly pleased to hear that she took excellent care of you. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel, & the area! Hope to see you again real soon!

Very Sincerely,

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Most of the staff were helpful and very pleasant, except for the one that told me he was "a little busy" and walked away. The wood in our room smelled like mildew...probably wiped it with a stinky rag. So I cleaned all the wood. The cleaning crew never left enough towels even though the front desk told us they would. I repeatedly had to ask for extra towels. One day I had to ask for extra towels, a floor towel, clean glasses, tissue and a plastic bag for the ice bucket (which wasn't cleaned out). I should have asked them to vacuum, but I didn't bother. Isn't that part of cleaning a room? The hallway was vacuumed once during our stay. We found shards of glass on the floors. My daughter sat on one (on the couch) in the lounge area. Breakfast was decent but I had to wipe down our table on 2 occasions. The staff were not busy at all. Just chatting with each other. Would be nice if they did their job first. We left early in the morning and had to carry all our luggage because other guests did not return the carts. I'm sure I'm missing something. We won't go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris P
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are so sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We're embarrassed that so many issues went overlooked & apparently unresolved. I agree that they could of been easily avoided had our team taken the extra step & paid closer attention to their environment. It seems we feel extremely short for not only exceeding expectations, but barley meeting them. We certainly would encourage you to give us another opportunity to serve you better & in the manner we historically & consistently deliver. I will be certain to share this feedback with our entire team so we can look for our opportunities to quickly improve. Thank you for taking the time to respond so we can ensure we do a much more effective job in the future. On behalf of the entire hotel & of Hyatt, I'm deeply sorry that your stay was less than satisfying. If I can be of any assistance or if you'd like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate & feel free to reach out to me directly.

Very Respectfully,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Hyatt was our refuge after a softball tournament! Very conveinant (5 min) to field, plenty of restaurant choices, Target close by, and conveinant to the tollway. The rooms are large, roomy and comfortable. The lobby is great, great breakfast and food and drinks in the evening! The staff is very helpful and courteous. We found some ants in our room and no questions asked and they happily moved us. We also really enjoyed the nice pool area. Very pretty for this small hotel. We will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Convenience is very important to my family when we travel so having accessibility to shopping & restaurants is a must! So nice to hear that our hotel was able to provide the same. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon!

Scott Perrine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!