“Exceptional service”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during the passing of my father-in-law. The staff were very helpful and more than sympathetic during our time of grief. The room was oversized, sleek, and modern in its design. It was wired for modern devices and provided free Wi-Fi in the rooms - not just the lobby. The continental breakfast was convenient as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your warm and genuine feedback. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided authentic hospitality. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed in Garland, needed a hotel close to friends. Found Hyatt Place and I am in love! Got a great price through Hyatt. Arrived and the girls at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Went to out room a king suite and was pleasantly surprised! Mini fridge, big TV, desk, high speed internet, comfy sectional that my daughter slept on. Beautifully decorated and appointed with many comforts! Will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay ! Our team takes such great pride in not only the service they provide, but also the quality of rooms, the decor, and the presentation. We'll be sure to pass this wonderful feedback on to our team! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed here for the second time due to the size of the room. There is lots of counter space and the rooms are very comfortable. One downside is there is no microwave in the rooms. You have to go to the breakfast room and use the "community" microwave. The second night we stayed our room did not get cleaned-guess we left too late to get maid service. We had to put down a $25 deposit per day, in advance, to cover "incidentals" (meals they fix for you in their kitchen or $15 movies), which we were not informed of prior to the hold being put on our credit card for that amount (not too happy about that). We settled into our first room, which the entire floor had an obvious plumbing problem we noticed when we stepped off the elevator. I figured it would be taken care of quickly and the odor would diminish in the room, but it didn't so we loaded up and changed rooms. The desk staff were all very friendly and accomodating. All the common areas were very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I was really excited to stay at a Hyatt Place finally...I got a great rate through Hotwire and was very pleased with the hotel and the location. This is a very clean, well designed, and higher quality hotel. I had a King room which was very large, with generous space and lots of amenities. I love the relaxation area in the room with the large sectional sofa and TV that swivels to watch from bed or from the sectional. The shower is also really cool, and while no bathtub makes it tricky if you are with kids, I didn't have my son along so the shower was great. The room was stylish and functional. I enjoyed that you did not have to pay for breakfast...my only complaint there is that at a Hampton Inn-type brand you do get more food choices that are included. You had to pay for eggs, or basically anything hot other than oatmeal. Check out was easy. The hotel is well located near Firewheel Town Center, a very nice open air shopping area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2011

this was such a nice place, great staff, great value and a beautiful room. very nice, will stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

We loved your response and we're so glad you had an amazing time!! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had to travel to the area on business and as always, I head first to trip advisor to check on which hotel I should chose. #1 on the list was this hotel so that the choice was a no brainer. As expected, it was a great decision. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk girl even offered to give me a tour of the place (?). My room was large and and clean and very quiet which is one of the things I value the most. The only negative, the matress, as with many hotels, the matress had one side where the majority of the people sleep which means you lay lower than the other half. Nonetheless, I would not hesisate using this hotel during my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I also appreciate the valuable feedback regarding your room. We're so glad that you gave us the opportunity to serve you. We're always delighted to know that your check in process, the space & quietness of the room, and overall service exceeded your expectations. We value your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

In all the Hyatt place was a very nice property. Room was large enough to relax without laying in the bed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! One of the amenities I enjoy the most is how the living room is separated from the bedroom. The 42" LCD TV swivels so you can watch it from either the bedroom or the living area. We're always glad to hear that the room was not only comfortable, but spacious!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kindest Regards,

Scott Perrine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#5 of 16 in Garland
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Hyatt Place Dallas / Park Central
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!