“all that you expect from La Quinta, fresh and new.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Garland
San Angelo, Texas
“all that you expect from La Quinta, fresh and new.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

After a horrible experience at another hotel. It was like coming home.
La Quinta was the first rewards program we joined because you can truly count on them for good experience. I don't remember the name of the man at the desk but he was extremely pleasant. He was probably in his 50s and had a beard. He even recognized my husband the next morning and said hello.
I give it four stars because the air conditioning was fluctuating. One minute we were hot next minute we were cold. And the waffles which are usually wonderful weren't quite right, I think the batter was too runny.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2014

As soon as I walked in the door I was "welcomed home." Poppy was at the front desk, and was the friendliest hotel staff member I can ever recall encountering. He also shared information with me on the surrounding area. The lady at checkout was also friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is clean and modern. Our room was an adequate size for a family of 4, and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast area was large and not crowded in the least bit. My favorite part was the waffle I made for my son, it was shaped like Texas! He really enjoyed this on his first morning on his first day in Texas. The rest of the items at the breakfast appeared fresh and the items my family had were tasty. I have stayed in 5 different hotels in the past week and this was my favorite.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
broussard, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2014

its nice . its located close to where i wanted it to be. the staff is nice . close to entertainment and restaurants. a good place to stay and easy to find and far from the airport. I liked it a lot , the free breakfast is good

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Christopher W
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Everything was fine except for a smell that lasted the 5 days we were there, almost like if a smoker lived there. The staff is very good, just the smell bothered us. It is only 2 miles from a Bass Pro Shop and right on the highway for easy access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Lake City, MI, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very clean and comfortable rooms, great front desk help and clean. Nice and updated everything - also only about 5 yrs old I think. Also super location to the area. I would say this stands out to one of the best, nicest hotels of La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I would actually give this hotel a 4.5 stars. The half star I won't give it is because of breakfast. First off, the food selection was very light. It was difficult to find any real protein source. The other issue for me is that they did not have water available in the breakfast room, either in a pitcher or in the juice machine. Not all of us drink coffee!! Apart from that the room was great. We had a comfortable king bed, the bathroom included a massage shower head, and everything was very clean. Despite the breakfast issues we would stay here again. It was nice to be in a room where everything was in excellent repair.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with other Shriners who were attending a state convention. The stay was for three nights. I didn't expect anything special (especially for the price), but I was completely impressed by the experience.

The hotel staff (every single one of them) were friendly, helpful, courteous, and actually seemed to give a hoot that we were happy and taken care of. I will especially single out the manager, Poppy Gonzales (I know, who remembers a manager's name, except this one sounded like it came from a Warner Bros. cartoon character - LOL) as remitting superb service.

The hotel itself was splendidly maintained. The showerhead was excellent, as was the water pressure. The hot water was there almost instantly (my room was centrally located on the floor) and didn't vary in temperature. The bed was sumptuously comfortable with about ten gazillion down pillows (seriously, who uses that many?).

The breakfasts were decent if not exceptional. Eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels composed the fare.

Noise isolation in the room was good, with only the occasional slamming of a nearby door getting through. Even though the hotel is right on I-30 at no time did any traffic noise become detectable.

The room had a microwave and refrigerator, although I used neither. Additionally, Wi-Fi was available but I didn't use that, either, so I don't know how the signal or throughput were.

In summary, this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had short of a 4/5-star.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point? Share your experiences!