“One of the best hotel experiences”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Garland
“One of the best hotel experiences”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with other Shriners who were attending a state convention. The stay was for three nights. I didn't expect anything special (especially for the price), but I was completely impressed by the experience.

The hotel staff (every single one of them) were friendly, helpful, courteous, and actually seemed to give a hoot that we were happy and taken care of. I will especially single out the manager, Poppy Gonzales (I know, who remembers a manager's name, except this one sounded like it came from a Warner Bros. cartoon character - LOL) as remitting superb service.

The hotel itself was splendidly maintained. The showerhead was excellent, as was the water pressure. The hot water was there almost instantly (my room was centrally located on the floor) and didn't vary in temperature. The bed was sumptuously comfortable with about ten gazillion down pillows (seriously, who uses that many?).

The breakfasts were decent if not exceptional. Eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels composed the fare.

Noise isolation in the room was good, with only the occasional slamming of a nearby door getting through. Even though the hotel is right on I-30 at no time did any traffic noise become detectable.

The room had a microwave and refrigerator, although I used neither. Additionally, Wi-Fi was available but I didn't use that, either, so I don't know how the signal or throughput were.

In summary, this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had short of a 4/5-star.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fulshear, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good basic hotel with friendly staff. They are pet friendly which is important to our two Golden Retrievers. We always stay at this hotel when we are in the Dallas area. The staff is always ready to answer any questions. The free breakfast is a nice addition to the clean rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank David L
Arkansas
Reviewed May 25, 2014

we stay at laquintas everywhere the room was nice and the lady that checked us in made me feel right at home,she deserves a raise very professional i think her name was Chequita very. nice young lady would definitely come back if you're ever in garland this Laquinta is the place to be

• Stayed April 2014

Austin, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I arrived very late (12:45 a.m.) and the check in process took less than 2 minutes. That helped because I was asleep about 7 minutes after I pulled off Interstate 30 into the parking lot. I appreciate that. And I appreciate the very nice, clean and upscale room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

harrisonburg, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were so impressed with this motel. Friendly staff, clean room and large rooms. The breakfast bar had sausage and eggs as well as the normal items. Our next trip to Texas we will be sure to stay at this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Floors are paper thin... Had people below us complaining about noise. We had never had a complaint about walking around our room ever. I weigh 150 lbs and my wife is 103 lbs. I had my two kids (ages 2-3) both under 30 lbs. We literally walked from the restroom to the bed. Customer service was horrible. Night manager threatened to kick us out in the middle of the night for noise while we were already in bed. Night manager was extremely rude and condescending. I am very disappointed and will look for a new hotel partner for myself and my business.

Room Tip: Not family friendly at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Josh N L
CORPUS CHISTI TX, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This has never happened to me in my entire life.The 1st morning my wife yells at me for not picking up the toilet seat.2nd and 3rd morning the same thing.I flush the toilet 5 times to see if the water is going so fast that it is hitting the toilet seat.but nothing.I look up and there it was,a vent right above the toilet seat with lots of condensation on it.Thats where the mysterious water was coming from.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point? Share your experiences!