“Bugs in the Bed- Spider!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Hotel has good ratings an this is what I follow all the time.

But to make it short ..I would copy paste the same review of Vitalu 00 below.I completely agree with the review.

PROS:
Good Looking outside makes you feel every thing is great.

CONS:
SMOKE FREE HOTEL- but the first room the gave was smelled heavy smoke, they moved us to the next one.
BUGS- While I was lying down I felt itchy on the bed and started feeling Scared, under my sheet was a spider...got me scared, I thought it was bed bugs.
The Whole night I couldnt sleep thinking there might be more.

MORNING: In the Morning - the Room smelt like SMOKE- Its the VENT which throws burnt air or you feel something is on fire.

AVOID if possible- I just dont like bugs sharing my bed.

Trip Advisor should check the Ratings.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hitvyas

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Travelling alone on a budget, came across this hotel on ebookers. Spent the past 2 weeks living in hostels around USA so was really looking forward to own room anyway! Bowled over throughout visit, staff couldnt be more helpful. David working on nightshift is a great guy who offers great advice, Poppy on day shift was very helpful and pleasant. Room had fridge, microwave, large flatscreen, recliner chair, desk and very nice bath/shower. Lots of space too. Could have charged double the rate and it would have still been reasonable! Breakfast was lovely, hot and cold selection.
Free parking was available, safe area, close to shops. Gym small but always quiet, swimming pool and spa very good. Couldnt ask for more really, smashing place!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I couldn't have been more impressed with this hotel. The price was the most reasonable I could find in the area, but the accommodations were so nice it felt like a much higher-priced hotel. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable with 5 down pillows on the king size bed to make myself comfy both sleeping and watching TV. Free wifi was available and there were plenty of plugs for charging phones and electronics convenient to where I was working. Housekeeping kept the bathroom clean and fresh and well stocked with towels and toiletries. Breakfast was complete and well-rounded with both hot and cold selections, two kinds of juice and coffee. Great way to start the day. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I looked in and it sure seemed inviting. I wish I'd had more time to enjoy it, but I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia S
A TripAdvisor Member
Waco, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here because we celebrated my inlaws 50th anniversary, we actually had it on the meeting room since its was just the immediate family, the meeting room was great and very clean, we had 7 round tables, and 4 rectangular tables, it was very classy, everyone was very friendly and helpful, rooms were really clean, beds were great, I would stayed here again. Popy it's super nice and attended to our needs not just for the dinner party but as guest of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Whenever my family travels, our first choice is always LaQuinta. I'm a Rewards member so it's nice to stay in a quality hotel AND rack up reward points at the same time. Those were the driving factors when I decided to treat the sweetie to a Father's Day getaway, but keep it local.

I'll start with the pros of this LaQuinta. The staff was friendly and tended to our issue with the defective shower immediately upon notification. The pool was nice for a quick dip and the beds were comfortable for our two-night stay.

Now on to the cons. My biggest issue at this site was the bugs, beetles to be more specific. They were EVERYWHERE!! Unfortunatly, I have an extreme, nearly paralyzing, fear of bugs, especially the ones that fly. I was so glad our room was located on the second floor as the critters were everywhere on the first floor, roaming the halls and stairwell as if they too had paid for a two-night stay. The issue seemed most prevelant after dark, so, if you intend to return to your room after the sun has set, be prepared for the invasion.

The second biggest issue for us was the shower that didn't work. Regretfully, we didn't report the issue until the following morning and simply made do with a modified bath the previous night.

There was a stain that appeared to be blood on the tank of the toilet. I didn't bother with reaching out to the front desk as I travel with Clorox wipes and Lysol, apparently more prepared than the cleaning crew (thus the modified bath, extent of cleaning was questionable).

Throughout the entire stay, whenever the vent was activated in the restroom, there was a smell of cigarrette smoke alternating with that of incense burning and what my mom refers to as "funny cigarrettes". The facility is supposed to be 100% smoke-free.

After the first night, we found that our access cards had been deactivated despite our reservation that specified a second night's stay. Also, the carpet was stained near the refrigerator where it appeared some reddish liquid had spilled (hoping there is no connection to the stain on the toilet).

I intend to travel for a week in September to Florida. Where my initial choice would be a stay in the nearest LaQuinta, my most recent experience has me leary about what my family may be in for. I'd hate to ruin what I hope is a fabulous vacation with sub-par accommodations.

Overall, my recent stay was disappointing, but we made the best of it.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank vitaluv00
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was very nice and seemed brand new. The only reason I gave sleep quality a low score was we were placed in an adjoining room and the person next door stayed up late watching tv and coughing. Then woke up very early coughing. I don't think it would have been an issue if there had been a solid wall between the rooms rather than a door with a large gap underneath. I would gladly stay here again but would request a non-adjoining room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilydale1021
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Breakfast was fantastic. The only negative thing is the amount of animal guests in the hotel. Dogs are barking up and down the hallways. Very annoying when you are trying to relax.

• Stayed: June 2013