La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Garland
A TripAdvisor Member
Waco, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here because we celebrated my inlaws 50th anniversary, we actually had it on the meeting room since its was just the immediate family, the meeting room was great and very clean, we had 7 round tables, and 4 rectangular tables, it was very classy, everyone was very friendly and helpful, rooms were really clean, beds were great, I would stayed here again. Popy it's super nice and attended to our needs not just for the dinner party but as guest of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Whenever my family travels, our first choice is always LaQuinta. I'm a Rewards member so it's nice to stay in a quality hotel AND rack up reward points at the same time. Those were the driving factors when I decided to treat the sweetie to a Father's Day getaway, but keep it local.

I'll start with the pros of this LaQuinta. The staff was friendly and tended to our issue with the defective shower immediately upon notification. The pool was nice for a quick dip and the beds were comfortable for our two-night stay.

Now on to the cons. My biggest issue at this site was the bugs, beetles to be more specific. They were EVERYWHERE!! Unfortunatly, I have an extreme, nearly paralyzing, fear of bugs, especially the ones that fly. I was so glad our room was located on the second floor as the critters were everywhere on the first floor, roaming the halls and stairwell as if they too had paid for a two-night stay. The issue seemed most prevelant after dark, so, if you intend to return to your room after the sun has set, be prepared for the invasion.

The second biggest issue for us was the shower that didn't work. Regretfully, we didn't report the issue until the following morning and simply made do with a modified bath the previous night.

There was a stain that appeared to be blood on the tank of the toilet. I didn't bother with reaching out to the front desk as I travel with Clorox wipes and Lysol, apparently more prepared than the cleaning crew (thus the modified bath, extent of cleaning was questionable).

Throughout the entire stay, whenever the vent was activated in the restroom, there was a smell of cigarrette smoke alternating with that of incense burning and what my mom refers to as "funny cigarrettes". The facility is supposed to be 100% smoke-free.

After the first night, we found that our access cards had been deactivated despite our reservation that specified a second night's stay. Also, the carpet was stained near the refrigerator where it appeared some reddish liquid had spilled (hoping there is no connection to the stain on the toilet).

I intend to travel for a week in September to Florida. Where my initial choice would be a stay in the nearest LaQuinta, my most recent experience has me leary about what my family may be in for. I'd hate to ruin what I hope is a fabulous vacation with sub-par accommodations.

Overall, my recent stay was disappointing, but we made the best of it.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank vitaluv00
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was very nice and seemed brand new. The only reason I gave sleep quality a low score was we were placed in an adjoining room and the person next door stayed up late watching tv and coughing. Then woke up very early coughing. I don't think it would have been an issue if there had been a solid wall between the rooms rather than a door with a large gap underneath. I would gladly stay here again but would request a non-adjoining room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilydale1021
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Breakfast was fantastic. The only negative thing is the amount of animal guests in the hotel. Dogs are barking up and down the hallways. Very annoying when you are trying to relax.

• Stayed: June 2013
A La Quinta traveler
Orchard Park, New York, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a nice place. But I paid for a King Suite with pillowtop mattress and sofa. I ended up with a twin room and no sofa. They of coarse had over booked and couldn't move us to a different room. So I got to spend a romantic weekend with my honey sleeping in different beds. No BUENO! Oh and they offer free breakfast but after eating it the first day, we went out to eat and had fast food the next morning. Their breakfast was GROSS.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple