“Smoky and Noisy with Lousy Internet”

Days Inn Dallas Garland West
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
atpatel222, Manager at Days Inn Dallas Garland West, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Dallas Garland West

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
atpatel222, Manager at Days Inn Dallas Garland West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed 1 night paid $61.00 total CDL truck driver rate...No room for semi trucks only 30' foot and under truck and trailer..Night lighting good..Location good..Railroad track next door with not much travel on track.Still the road was quite.Fully firnished room #109 kingbed 5 pillows very comfy.2 night stands and desk with sofa..Refrigerator and microwave with flat screen tv..New carpet and paint..Modern bathroom with coffee pot.Iron board for cloths.The room was fully equipped.The breakfast was the usual with a few extras..This place has indoor pool looked good.Management staff was real nice...I'll be back if in the area again..

Room Tip: It was worth the $61.00 total that I paid...Gets a 5 star from me..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
atpatel222, Manager at Days Inn Dallas Garland West, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. I will make sure and pass on your comments to our entire staff!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
atpatel222, Manager at Days Inn Dallas Garland West, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We all had high hopes for this hotel as it was rated highly on Hotwire.
The Pros:
Location isnt too bad. Very close to a Walmart, McDonalds, bunch of other restaurants, gas stations.
Free wifi.
The hotel manager was good at yelling at people who didn't belong in the hotel, which was pure entertainment.

The Cons:
Location: hotel is right by a train track! Every night (in the middle of the night) we would hear loud cargo trains come by setting off car alarms
Cockroaches: you can find some large dead cockroaches in the hallway. I found a small one in one of my bags in my room - yuck
"Gym" room: this was a joke. We all packed our work out gear only to find the workout room consisted of ONE treadmill and ONE stationary bike. Thats it!
Room: Smells funny. Safe does not work. Refrigerator was not working and hotel staff did not fix it, and we had to fix it ourselves.

Pro/Con: Breakfast: was the same the whole time for the stay (5 days - could change up the variety). Cereal, toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, slider knock off sausage McMuffins

I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here for a long stay. Short stay might be alright.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
atpatel222, Manager at Days Inn Dallas Garland West, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I apologize for all of the issues that you had during your stay at the Days Inn in Garland, Texas. We will work on improving every facet of our business to improve any future stays with us at the Days Inn in Garland, Texas. I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business again as we will make the necessary improvements to make any stay with us more pleasurable. Again, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

When we arrived we told the attendant that we were paying cash not to run the card. Not only did they get our cash they also charges the card twice. I had used a friends card since at the time I had fraudulant charges on mine. This messed my friends account up. When I called the hotel they reversed the charges and said they were sorry but this did not help my friend, her money is tied up for at least 5 days. I'm sorry just doesn't help.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple