“Bought by Motel 6”

Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This LaQuinta has been bought by Motel 6 and is now a dirty,nasty,unsafe motel! I always stayed at this location when it was a LaQuinta and decided to try the new Motel 6 arrangement because it is close to my relatives and pet friendly. I am now looking for anothe motel for next year! There was visible dirt on the bed and the room smelled terrible. I had to change rooms when I returned from my relatives about 11PM to avoid the shirtless,drinking men hovering around my room.There were many ladies in shorts and stilletoes paying for rooms with cash, and folks hanging over the balconies yelling and drinking. It was horrible.Please do not waste your money or put yourself or your family in danger by staying here.It used to be a nice place to stay and I am so sorry Motel 6 bought it. The quality has fallen 100%!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chimama1
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy

Reviewed July 29, 2013

When we first booked our three rooms, this property was a LaQuinta Inn. When we arrived, the property had been sold to Motel 6. One of the rooms had filthy carpet, a telephone that was not connected, and a shower that did not work. The pool was supposed to close at 10:00 p.m. but those using it were still there past midnight. A call to management was required to stop the noise. The area in which this property is located is very run down and the motel is as well. There were dead roaches in one of the rooms and mold was present in the shower. The clientele was not the type in which I would wish to take my family.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you find another motel option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my wife and kids to Dallas for the weekend. Thought I'd try staying outside of Dallas and possibly get a cheaper rate. I did get a cheaper rate and checked into a room that wasn't a double as we expected, and also had a foul cigarette odor so we asked for a new room. Went to the new room after going back to the office AGAIN when the keys didn't work, and witnessed (with my wife and four kids) a "lady of the night" in broad daylight, knocking on the door of the room directly below us. The key worked this time but I wished that it hadn't. This room was filthy, had live bugs in the bathroom light fixture, smelled of cigarette, and a condom wrapper in the closet which of course, my five year old daughter found. Thank GOD she didn't pick it up! Went back to the office and checked out... later found a better place in Plano!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank warrenandwifeandkids
A TripAdvisor Member
Terrell, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here because we were offered a military discount. Room had a king bed which was very comfortable, room was clean and had no foul smells. Linens were clean, bathroom were clean. But to me the most important thing going for this La Quinta location is that the A/C was on prior to our arrival. Our room was already cool and to me that showed they cared about their future guest. Our vehicle was not bothered, there was a security looking guy wondering the parking lot which helped. We did not have the breakfast so I cannot comment on it. Overall I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was about what I expected. The hotel is located next to a busy freeway on a short one=way street, so getting in and out required a little bit of looping around, but nothing too dramatic. The room itself was very quiet, considering the location. Desk clerk said that they had 24 hour security. I didn't stay up all night to check, but all seemed quiet and nobody messed with us, our stuff, or our car. If you read the reviews of other hotels in this area that seems to be an accomplishment. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and everything that was supposed to work did. Plenty of parking, shower was good, and the king sized bed was VERY comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty lame, but that wasn't a big deal for us. TV and remote were good. All in all, a decent place to spend the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PBSpeakeasy
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Keep up the great work. Thank you for loving pets. You should advertise on animal planet and support pet shelters. Pet travelers are the most dedicated people and cautious about the rooms, and LOYAL to LQ.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank bryanm206
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had to take this hotel because most of the major hotels close to Dallas Convention Center were full due to the AHR Show to which we were assisting. We stayed 3 nights from sunday Jan. 27 to wednesday Jan. 30, finding that the phone system was down, and always promising to be fixed next day. Which never happens. besides this on wednesday morning also the wi-fi was down. We were 3 people taking 3 separate rooms. We were thinking that La Quinta Inn had a better standard of service. I do not recommend this hotel in particular, and will question the rest of them. Also, the reception smelled very much to smoke.

Room Tip: Rooms away fron the reception are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business