“Nice”
Review of Vara Guest House

Vara Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Garden City B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'm not big on this rating stuff, but I'm submitting this for Vara's Guest House; they deserve it. It's a great place to stay for any reason. Mine happened to be business.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you Trent for taking time out of your busy day to post a review about your extended stay with us. It was truly our pleasure to have you as a guest in La Casita. We look forward also to seeing what life is like in your neck of the woods back in Iowa. By the way...we love the music of your band....Volcano Boys...especially the drum sounds you perform in the background. Great Stuff!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband I needed a place to stay and couldn't find anything! Luckily we happened upon this wonderful place online! It quiet, clean and comfortable. Alex and Cindy (owners) are the nicest people and will do anything to make sure you are happy. We really enjoyed socializing with them and the other guests and even go into the hot tub which was perfect! Definitely recommend to anyone going that way!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you Natalie for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the kind words and especially the fact that you located us and were well pleased with the outcome. We look forward to the possibility of seeing you both back in the future. Best of luck with your transition to this area. Please stay in touch. Alex & Cyndi

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I needed to get out of town, yet still be close to home. Vara's guesthouse was perfect! We had a wonderful room in the newest cabin. We got to relax and we were treated so amazing and wanted to stay longer. We will certainly go back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: There are a lot of different options, just check them out and see what works best for you. The websi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I spent the valentines weekend with this lovely family. Their home had that warm and cozy feeling. They fix you the best breakfast ever (no donuts). For dinner my guest and I had steaks cooked out on the grill. It was everything and more. Looking forward to coming back next month.

Room Tip: I stayed in the camberlin room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My fiancee and I got jobs in Midland and needed a place to stay for a while. We looked all around a various extended stay motels and all of them seemed to be a bit overpriced. My neice then found the Vara Guest House on craigslist and decided to call, when I found that they were modestly cheaper we booked a room with them. At first arrival we noticed that the house was very neat and clean and the room they had us in was very homey. Not only were we very comfortable in our stay but we also made some friends for life. If you are ever in this area THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!!! Thank you so much for your generosity and kind spirits Alex and Cyndi, we will see you again real soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were passing through the Midland area and didn't want to be stuck in an overpriced generic hotel. So, we decided to make the easy drive through GC and try out this B&B. We loved everything about our visit at Vara. The rooms were super comfortable and clean, the hosts were generous and kind and the breakfast was wonderful. We didn't want to leave. We will visit again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JodieHaney
Reviewed November 10, 2011

At first I was hesitant to stay in Garden City because of the 30 minute drive to Midland but it was so worth it. Midland is a weekly travel destination for me and they have my business from now on. Super friendly, good food, comfortable beds and quiet. Kind of like staying at Grandma's.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sharing a bath any room will be fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank peter v

Been to Vara Guest House? Share your experiences!