“Clean Your Own Room!”

Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Clean Your Own Room!”
Reviewed June 9, 2004

This place has really gone down from years ago! I came back expecting the same clean lavish room I use to have only to be disappointed by damp carpet, leaking sinks, and stiff beds--all of them! Thank God for the Walmart next door because my family and I loaded up on Lysol and all kinds of cleaning product including a bunch of air freshers. We pretty much spent the first day there making the place "comfortable" and clean. Couldnt ask for a refund because if you dont do it within 24hrs then they automatically pocket the first night. What a rip off huh? Dont bother asking for a different room, they're probably just give you something worse.

One last advice....i think the front desk is dyslexic because even though the receipt says one number, she'll read it backwards and if you dont pay attention you may be paying more than what you bargained for. My bill was 302.90 and she kept insisting that it was 390.02 until I asked to see the bill myself. Her excuse...a blank look.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Hotel Manager at The Victorian Condominiums, responded to this review, July 19, 2004
The overall lack of cleanliness does not meet The Victorian standard and was unacceptable. I have shared your review with all departments, including maintenance, housekeeping and front desk, and have made the changes necessary to make sure this does not happen again. We take all comments; good and bad, very seriously and constantly strive to offer excellent customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2004

Stay far away! On March 9th I cancelled reservations I had made the day before at the Victorian Condominiums and changed locations for my vacation that was March 17th through 20th. On March 17th the Victorian put the full price of the stay, $438.35, on my debit account which effectively reserved or subtracted that amount from my balance. If that wasn't bad enough, on Friday, March 19th they put ANOTHER charge of $437.35 on my debit and caused me to go negative! I was in the middle of my vacation with my children and my account was almost $500 overdrawn. We couldn't eat, get gas, buy souvenirs, see a movie, anything. The staff at the Victorian did nothing to help me and even claimed to have no record of my reservation. I took my cancellation receipt IN PERSON to the front desk and received nothing but confusion and blank stares. Even as I write this my account is STILL frozen and I cannot get anyone of authority from the Victorian to return my calls.
So my advice would be to NEVER CONSIDER EVEN MAKING A RESERVATION AT THE VICTORIAN CONDOMINIUMS. They've gotten their hands over $875.70 of my money, and I never even stayed there.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
We have contacted the writer to Trip Advisor, via e-mail, to verify that her account has been taken care of in a satisfactory manner and we are currently awaiting a reply. Debit card holders are warned that using that instrument to guarantee a reservation will deduct that amount immediately, just as a credit card the financial holds lock in the amount for at least 7 working days after expected use day, both procedures are standard in the travel industry business. The reservation in question was made on the internet with a source that did not notify us of the reservation, and in turn the cancellation. We take all comments; good and bad, very seriously and constantly strive to offer excellent customer service.
Grosse Pointe,Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2004

I stayed here in mid-November a group of girls before we went on a cruise out of Galveston. Myself and one of the girl's came on a Mon. We checked in. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Neither of us had ever been to this area before. Our unit was clean, sure it was a little old but it was clean. The only things we required were a place to sleep and a coffee maker. We ate bagels for breakfast and used the fridge to keep our beer cold. We cruised around the town on Monday. Tuesday we went to NASA. And on Wednesday we went to Houston to a tennis tournament.On Wed. night 3 other girls arrived. Our cruise left on Thurs. afternoon.
For the price it did the job. We overlooked the pool which was very clean. I sat out the last morning while everyone else was getting ready. It was as inexpensive place for our group and it worked out fine. Believe me It was alot bigger tah the cruise ship room where we had 5 women and one electrical outlet!!!!

3 Thank JOE131