2,478 results
All reviews rooftop bar high ceilings sister hotel foot ceilings jazz band towel warmer hardwood floors valet parking strand area within walking distance valet service historical hotel downtown galveston historic district dickens on the strand ceiling fan mardi gras
Reviewed April 8, 2016

Well my experienced started off with Theresa, she assisted me in making my hotel reservation, for i was looking for a ghostly adventure. I asked her for hotel history, and she was not hesitant to assist.

So when i arrived the hotel, i was greeted by Josh i believe, he was super nice, but the only things that i think could improve(service wise) it would help if he opens the door for the guest, and ask if he could carry luggage instead of standing there looking at me struggle trying to get everything out with one hand, and carrying the rest of my stuff on my other half. But its okay, i forgive him because the rest of the evening he was beyond pleasant, and very helpful.
Bobby, is AMAZING he was a joy to come around EVERY TIME, and Thanks Cody for taking me to the Galvez Hotel. The VALET team was so patient, and very convenient, always polite,always smiling, and ALWAYS OPEN THE door to the Main lobby doors. I gave them a excellent Group tip for their great service!!!!!!!!!!!

When I approached the FD, Theresa was so welcoming, and even remember making my reservation. She gave me a great layout of Downtown Galveston, and even made sure to give me a hand-out with the hotel history, for the ghost is what brought me to the hotel. She even enrolled me into Wyndham Rewards, I'll be getting 10 points for each $ :) Thanks Theresa, Cassie was super sweet, all front desk team were fantastic.

The Tremont House is a historic property with supposedly 6-8 children haunting the building. I requested a room with the highest activity (and they put me on the 4th floor- 418) The view from the room isn't much, and there isn't much to see but actually it looks like someone was playing with witchcraft, as they let the star thingy to call the devil clear for view. (I don't know what it is called).

The room was plain, there wasn't anything that made me go "WOW", and the sheets had black hairs everywhere, but just ignored it. But next time, I'll let someone know. The housekeeper was really nice also, i was intending to leave a tip for the housekeeper but COMPLETELY forgot, so please Management, let her know i appreciate her hard work!

UNFORTUNATELY, I did not experience any ghost while i stayed here, it was only 1 night. But Tremont House is definitely now my get-a-way hotel to go too... I look forward on meeting the staff again soon with the awesome , so please, save me a room for the next time.... OHHH and management.... PLEASE make sure those kids come out next time i stay. I want to meet them LOL hahaha

THANKS TREMONT House; FOR YOUR GREAT SERVICE, AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF. You've created a regular guest & an awesome experience for me:)

Room Tip: Meter parking free after 6PM-7AM.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Thank you for the insight on your recent stay at the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the service by our staff. We appreciate the feedback. We hope that you'll see some ghosts during your next visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

Great hotel! Staff are very polite and helpful. Best price in town for a once in a lifetime hotel experience!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wow, thank you for considering The Tremont House a "once in a lifetime hotel experience." We appreciate the compliment and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

My family visited earlier this week. This is a classy hotel with excellent service. They have done a great job of decorating the place with a classy yet modern touch.

I personally really like the location on the Strand and away from the beach, its pretty peaceful and the Strand is small but pleasant to walk down. They don´t have a pool but you can use the one at the Galvez, which has an excellent saline pool. I think they have a shuttle to the Galvez but we just drove, although I suppose you could walk the mile and change there.

The service is great. The first night our TV wasn´t working and within 5 minutes they had someone in our room. The second night the TV stopped again, and the same maintenance person Jessie was there in a few minutes and was incredibly nice and helpful. The personal touch and service were much appreciated.

The breakfast was fine - I´d recommend the flatbreat breakfast pizza which was very good and left us plenty to take home. The coffee was very nice!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Tremont House. As you mentioned, the hotel is in an excellent location and near a variety of restaurants and shopping. We hope that you'll make a return visit soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2016

Stayed a couple nights after a cruise. Great hotel in a fun area. Service could not have been better. Access to Hotel Galvez pool was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2016

We are pleased that you found The Tremont House to be "top notch." We hope to see you again soon and we hope that you enjoyed your cruise.

Reviewed April 5, 2016

Since opening in the 80's as a boutique style hotel, it's been a favorite place. Since Wyndham, it's not quite as convenient with the rules, but still is a very nice place to stay. Staff is always attentive. The lobby has a bar, terrific for lounging, and listening to music in the evening.Only aggravating policy is that Treemont and other top Galveston hotels require 2 night minimum on weekends; and not just during summer, Christmas, or other high tourist period. But we like it, and if we're not doing VRBO, we like the Treemont.

Room Tip: Has 4 floors, with atrium. Prefer the atrium view.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Thank you for the kind review on your stay at The Tremont House. As you mentioned, during busy times, like weekends, we may require a two-night stay. The good news is that there is plenty in Galveston to keep you entertainend especially in The Historic Strand District.