-Location near the port and center
-Good size of rooms
-Bathrobes in the room
-Unfriendly attitude of many employees:
When arriving the Valet parking/bell boy & receptionist had a cold and unfriendly attitude. As if they were making us a favor. Not a welcoming feeling after paying 260 dlls a night!!!!!
Next day receptionist and valet parking staff were more friendly.
- 17 dlls plus tax per day for Valet parking.
-No service at the bar:
We were at the bar for like 1/2 hour waiting to be served and no one came. It was a full night. However, there was a waitress who actually went to every table but ours. We left of course.
- Not flexible for checking in hours:
We checked in late according to the hotel, around 6:30 am, so we had to pay 260 dlls as if we entered the room a night before. Ok we agreed we were extremely tired after the trip.
In most of the hotels I've stayed around the world (Dubai, Mexico, Europe, etcetera) they are more friendly and customer care orientated and flexible and let us enter the room around that hour without paying as if we entered the room the night before. Extremely Disappointing for this kind of hotel.
-They didn't clean the room:
Since we checked in "late" they didn't clean the room that day.
We were celebrating a birthday and definitively this kind of ruined the celebration. Having the feeling that you're not welcome and unfriendly staff is definitely not worth to pay almost 600 dlls for the stay!!! I'd prefer to go back to the Four seasons chain were you receive quality service!
Staying in a hotel is about service and environment. That's what you pay for. If you fail in this. Reconsidered what you're doing.
Not coming back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tremont House Hotel Galveston is situated in the heart of the Strand Historic District. The Tremont House Hotel Galveston is located near many attractions such as The Bishop's Palace and Texas Seaport Museum. Taxis and Uber offer travelers easy access to Galveston points of interest as well as to the airport. All rooms feature hardwood floors, 32" flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi. Choose from queen or king size beds. Our Galveston hotel provides dinning options that are fresh, distinctive and delicious. On-site is the Tremont Café, which features Starbucks® coffee, pastries, a pizza oven, gourmet sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts. The Café serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as provide items for room service. The Tremont House offers its 1888 Toujouse Bar and The Rooftop Bar. Guests will find ample shopping and dining near the Tremont House Hotel Galveston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tremont Hotel
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham