“Great Fun, Always!`”

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed March 7, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The staff was very friendly. Loved the room, very clean, beautifully decorated, and it had everything I needed. I liked the food at the cafe downstairs and that it had Starbucks coffee drinks. Overall, it was a great value for the money. I loved the Rooftop Bar, awesome location to get a drink with friends and get a nice view of old town Galveston.
There's Fisherman's Warf right by there and the old town, there's this fresh fish market, and the port. It was a nice and peaceful town, and I enjoyed it.

Here's what I didn't like: around midnight I could hear these loud noises, seemed like they were coming from downstairs by the lobby. It sounded like the staff was moving stuff, it was just very loud. The same thing happened around 6am, which is very early in the morning. I don't know if those sounds woke me or I just woke up on my own.

I was only there for one night and I forgot my cell phone charger there. The day I left I realized it too late, I was already at the airport so I called the hotel to see if they could find it. They didn't call me back so I called them again the next day, and again no call back. It's been almost a week now and nobody has bothered to call me and at least say, we're sorry we couldn't find anything. I know I left it there because right before I left I took a picture of myself and in the background I could see the charger plugged in by the phone. I don't know what to believe. Did the housekeeper decide to keep it or they just threw it away? It's been very disappointing that nobody gave me a phone call.
For being a 4 star hotel, I would think they would have better customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Tremont House. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the cafe, The Rooftop Bar and the sites. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. I will forward you review to the appropriate staff so they can check on the status of your charger. We hope that you will stay with us again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great hospitality. Hotel is just what we like when we go to Galveston. Our stays include just getaways from Houston periodically, attend shows at the Grand Ole Operahouse and on occasion, when I teach at A&M, I will spend the night.
Thanks for being there for us.
Carolyn and Richard

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay at The Tremont House. We are happy to hear that you are a frequent guest. You should check The Grand 1894 Opera House website. They recently added some new shows. My apologies regarding the heated towel rack. Over the years, there have been issues with the heat running through the pipes so they are no longer heated but work perfectly as a towel rack. We appreciate your insight and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Tremont House is a lovely hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and reasonably well-appointed, except for the desk area if you're there for business (there are not enough accessible electrical plugs). The high ceilings provide a sense of roominess that is inviting and claustrophobia reducing. However, the noise is terrible. I was awakened both nights I by trucks and people yelling.

The beds in the room were comfortable, but the pillows were non-supportive. The bath was reasonably well-appointed. The shower head was dated and apparently hard water clogged at a partial level. The toilet in the room 'ran' at semi-random intervals.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on a higher floor. Floors on the 2nd and 3rd floors (the latter by conversa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Tremont House. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Thank you for pointing our your concerns regarding the room. We hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Galveston.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at The Tremont House on March 1st and 2nd for a wedding in Galveston. The hotel is fairly easy to find and the valet staff was friendly and efficient. The front desk staff was also very friendly and accommodating. The first room they gave us was in the middle of a remodel and was quite a surprise when we opened the door to see it torn apart. The desk agent (Melissa?) was very apologetic and upgraded us to a beautiful suite for the error. We had breakfast delivered to the room before we left and it was fantastic. We will most certainly stay at the Tremont House again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry M

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at The Tremont House. Our apologies for the initial problem but we are thrilled that Melissa took care of it quickly. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to your next visit.