The San Luis Resort
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
$85
Scottish Inn(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$59
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
$99
$92
  • Beachfront
$125
  • Restaurant
$134
2,638 results
All reviewsclub leveljohn paulswim up barpool areagreat resortpool staffvalet parkingthe entire stafffire pitgreat poolrainforest cafespring breakconvention centergulf of mexicoocean viewmoody gardenssteakhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Poor customer service for my whole stay. Manager knew of the problem and still allowed it to happen again. I was getting about 4 hrs sleep a night because of all the noise. I called 4 times one night and 2 times the next night anout the problem. Management didn't seem to care. Stay somewhere else. For what you pay here you can get great customer service else where.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kollin
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The conference organizers probably should not have scheduled the conference during Spring Break, nor should they have scheduled it in a "resort area" (I don't consider Galveston a "resort area"). Nevertheless, the hotel experience was much less than expected. Check-in took an hour and some colleagues had no room available although they had booked the rooms weeks in advance. The worst part of the experience was charges placed on my room that I did not accrue. They charged me Valet parking even though I had no car, and they charged me phone calls even though I never used the phones in the room. I was in a hurry when I checked out and did not examine my bill closely. Although they made the adjustments, it was bothersome to have to deal with that after returning to work. My advice to anyone who stays there is to carefully review the bill before checking out.
Positive Note? The view was very nice from the 12th floor. All the ships anchored off shore and the oil and gas drilling platforms off the coast were very picturesque.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Denali95
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Had been staying at a different hotel down the road. Had to leave because it was a dump, simply put. This place was wonderful! The pool was heated, kids loved the water slide. My wife and I liked the pool area. Wait staff was the best. The room was spectacular. Beds very comfortable. Extrememly clean. Rain shower head in the shower. Wonderful towels. The grounds were well maintained. Whom ever is responsible for running this place really knows hospitality. I would definetly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank justhavingfun62
Reviewed March 17, 2010

DON’T STAY HERE! This resort bills itself as a 4 star property but I would only give it 2 stars (and only that much because of the location and the front yard is nicely landscaped). We were in town for a national conference and this was one of the hotels that the conference was using. We arrived at 4:30pm and were told there were no rooms. I told the desk staff that we had made our reservations several months before. The desk staff told us that we could sit and wait in the lobby while they looked into getting us a room. I asked what the issue was and she advised that people had not checked out. It took them until 8:30 PM to give us rooms. The service was terrible and they did not seem to care. In their café at breakfast (which was $15 for 2 eggs, toast and coffee) they never offered more coffee unless you chased down a waiter (it was not busy as you might think only 2-3 other tables while we were there). The rooms were large and clean but worn and the bathroom was very worn and teeny tiny. They advertise wireless internet in the rooms but everyone I spoke to could not get on line without plugging in to the wired network connection.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank TheBardWest
Reviewed March 13, 2010

This was a great hotel - clean, good location, and most of all, EXCELLENT view. We were on the 12th floor with an amazing, unobstructed view of the water. The grounds are really nice and well kept for. The pool was nice, and we especially liked the outdoor bar by the pool. Some of the guests were pretentious and obnoxious, but that's not the hotel's fault, of course. It's also what you get when you stay at a 5 star hotel at 3 star prices. The cost of our room was only $134 per night and it would have been even less if we stayed on a lower floor. The only downside of the hotel was that the rooms were a bit outdated, with mold in the showers. I'm not a fan of Galveston, but this is one of the best hotels you can get in the area near the water.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple