3,048 results
All reviews club level john paul swim up bar pool area great resort valet parking the entire staff fire pit great pool rainforest cafe spring break convention center gulf of mexico ocean view moody gardens steakhouse h2o
Reviewed August 14, 2017

As a Landry select member and a frequent visitor to Galveston this hotel has become subpar for me. The rooms are horrible for the price. The front desk, managers, and valet could care less about you. I won't stay here again but I will come visit the h2o pool bar.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PCarte, Guest Relations Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Guest

As a member of Landry's loyalty program we appreciate your patronage. We are disappointed that your stay was subpar, please accept our sincere apology for not fully meeting your expectations. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We always love the San Luis and decided to run down and do a quick over night, soak in the sun and relax at the H2O pool. The SLR is absolutely the top hotel/resort destination on the Island. As we checked in I was happily surprised to see Tommy (the concierge) again as he was at a sister property for the last couple of years. I always enjoy speaking with Tommy, his smile and personality fills the room. I know the Island very well but if anyone reading this has questions or needs places to go or see Tommy is a walking Galveston encyclopedia!
Check in was a breeze and we asked for a late check out the following day so we could have a nice relaxing morning and a nice lunch before making the short drive back to Houston. It wasn't the weekend and they were happy to oblige us till 1:00pm
We had one of the deluxe rooms on the 14th floor...very pretty and nicely appointed. The view of The Gulf and The Pleasure Pier was fantastic especially after dark.
We put away our things and headed down the the beautiful pool where we had reserved a private cabana for the day. The cabanas are wonderful, flat screen TV's comfortable sofas and three private loungers directly in front. They also gave us a very very tasty cheese and fruit plate and plenty of cold water in the mini fridge.
Our waitress was Anna, she a very nice and attentive young lady that never let our drinks run out and delivered them with a smile. There are a couple of pool attends around taking care of everyone's needs Cedric and Roxanne. Both were incredibly pleasant and totally noninvasive while preforming their duties. When we would be in the pool and by the time we returned our towels were folded and the chairs all straighten out by one of the two.
We later ate that night in The Steakhouse and the long time manager John Paul remembered us and greeted us like old long lost friends. JP is a great manager and we were glad to see him and catch up from our last time we visited.
We slept in a bit the next morning then to the pool for a few mins before we went to lunch.
Heres the bad part...we went to the room to change and it was after 11 so we were locked out. No big deal so I just ran back the the front desk to get the key reactivated for our 1:00 check out. The front desk person was Candice Reynolds. Candice is a very unpleasant lady, no smile no nice greeting, no nothing! Then when I explained to her the situation she acted like I was lying and not even a guest in the hotel! Candice is unbelievably rude, sour and a very curt person and in my opinion needs to go back to customer service school and learn some manners and certainly not be at the Front of House. Maybe she would be better suited for dishwasher at the hotel coffee shop?? Just a thought... (simply because of Candice this awesome resort losses my the 5th star, sorry)
Well anyway there was another lady at the front desk, I think her name was Kristin, she took over as Candice just walked away...Kristin was very nice and professional and within 30 seconds I had my new key and was heading back upstairs to change for lunch. We ate at Landrys next door and went back to the SLR and headed back to Houston. One more young man I need to gives props to is David in the valet, he also remembered us for one of our many stays and the hotel. David is an asset to the valet and a great man to have greeting guests as the arrive and depart.
Despite Candice Reynolds...we will be back, soon!

Room tip: Get a higher floor and a pool side cabana
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Montecore1
PCarte, Guest Relations Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Guest ( Montecore1)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for taking the time to post your review. Please contact me at your convenience to further discuss your visit. I apologize for the inconsistency in service during your stay, I will address your concerns. Also, thank you for recognizing so many of our wonderful team members. Our primary goal is always to make every attempt to serve our guests in a manner that provides a quality product and service. Your feedback is much appreciated. I Would like to meet you during your next trip to Galveston. Thank you again for your loyalty.

409-740-8610
Director of Guests Relations

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Our little 3 day weekend was so pleasurable after a rough start. 5 miles out from Galveston, my 4 year old daughter suddenly got VERY car sick. Without going into the gross details, I will say that we had a few items that DESPERATELY needed washing. Upon arrival, Bree, at the front desk welcomed us and got us checked in. I asked about laundry services and she informed us that the hotel only offers laundry services through the week. (We arrived on Friday around 4:30) I told Bree about our situation and she immediately called housekeeping and spoke to Romando asking if there was a way they could help us out. They were willing to accommodate our request and wash 2 blankets, a pillow and pillowcase and 1 dress. I am SO APPRECIATIVE of Bree and Romando for going the extra mile and take this burden off of our shoulders. PLEASE thank them again for us. We were able to start our vacation without hesitation and having to find a laundromat to clean our items. Thank you! Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PCarte, Guest Relations Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear Revagoellner

We are so grateful for your comments and feedback. Thank you for your taking the time to post your review and for recognizing our staff members Bree & Reymundo . Once again, thank you for your . We look forward to seeing you again soon !!!

409-370-8610

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Once again, San Luis delivered! We had an excellent weekend enjoying this beautiful resort. Phillet at the concierge desk helped us with reservations, and checked on us throughout our time there. She is always so sweet & helpful. Our room was clean & had a great view! Dinner at The Steakhouse was fabulous. Thank you John Paul for accommodating our large party. Food was delicious, service was spot on. Finally, Daisy helped us secure our poolside cabana. I highly recommend renting a cabana on crowded pool days. It offers cool shade, and has chairs reserved with it, so you don't have to search for open spots! THANK YOU SAN LUIS!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Tracy

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review. Your comments and wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the San Luis Resort is very much appreciated. Once again, thank you for your loyalty and recognizing our staff members. We look forward to seeing you again soon !!!

409-370-8610

Reviewed August 13, 2017

My husband and I have been coming to the hotel since 2006 in August for our anniversary . This year was different because I because I was bring my Mother to the beach. She is ill with Cancer and this will be her last trip to the beach. I made my reservation for two queen beds for three adults. I called the hotel directly to made these reservation . I called back to a extra night to our stay and was told that they would need to move me to a corner room. I said that's fine however I need the same two queen beds. We arrived on Sunday and checked into our room. They had moved us to a corner room with one king size bed. I called the services desk and spoke to the same person that checked me in to the hotel Christine Williams. I told her this is not the room I made reservation for when I called. She not one time said I'm sorry just kept say this the room you reserved. I explained that when I called to add a night they had moved us to the end room. This was a very unpleasant conversation. She did call me back and offer to move us to a condo for 154.00 dollars a night. I said no. I told her I was very unhappy that this was there mistake. She did not care one bit. She did not talk to a manger or offer anything to make our stay better. My husband slept on a love seat our whole stay. Our room was missing all the details. We had no floor mat for the shower until our second night there. Only had set of two towels for three people. I had to call down house keeping to get them. No pen or paper the whole time we were there. Please keep in mind this is a 5 star resort Hotel. The breakfast in there cafe down stair the first morning was 50 dollar and it was very bad. The coffee was cool , eggs under cooked and so on. We stay because my Mom was in pain and just did want to move her. I'm bet this will not get posted but that was our visit. I will not be going back to San Luis Resort Hotel. Just one more thing you can't relax or enjoy the pool at all now. It is over run my kids with no control at all. During our stay kids eat s'mores in the pool, in the hot tub ball being pitch in and out. Good luck!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest ( Uptown 1977)

We are disappointed that that your stay was less than perfect. We are delighted that there were some highlights to your trip. However, please accept our sincere apology for not fully meeting your expectations. I would like to reach you by phone to discuss further at your convenience.

Best Regards,