The San Luis Resort
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
ComfortInn
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
$135
$187
$176
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$155
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$263
$227
$166
$161
Hotwire.com
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
$179
$143
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
2,703 results
All reviewsclub leveljohn paulswim up barpool areagreat resortpool staffvalet parkingthe entire stafffire pitgreat poolrainforest cafespring breakconvention centergulf of mexicoocean viewmoody gardenssteakhouse
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been here many times. The pool is great and the h2o water bar is perfect. It has convention meeting rooms available. Easy walk to the beach. Nice staff. I also do shows here at least once a month year round on average.

Room Tip: I prefer sunrise views of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy staying with us and that you are a repeat guest. We hope that you are a Landry's Select Club Member, as well. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Check In time is 4:00. We are still waiting and it MIGHT. Be ready about 5:30. There are a lot of people waiting I the lobby. And no progress. We asked about the cleaning schedule and he said they they have their own schedule Why can't they be ready if check out is at 11:00? They could at lest have offered free drinks or something to pass the time away. Thankfully we do not have small children.

1  Thank Mhs1961l

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your late check-in. We do our best to check-in all guests by the 4pm check-in time. On some occasions during the summer when we have had heavy late check-outs, we do have a few guests that are not able to check-in until after the check-in time. In these instances, we store the luggage for guests and get their cell phone number so guests can enjoy the amenities of the resort, the beach and Galveston attractions then we contact the guest when their room is ready. We apologize for your inconvenience. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will return to the resort when after the summer when it is not as busy at the resort.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice. However, the seaweed problem this summer was horrible. We did not even set foot on the beach which was very disappointing since we have a pool at home. There was a nice slide at the pool for our kids, and they absolutely loved it. The room was nice, the restaurants were INCREDIBLE. If you want to go to Galveston and stay in a hotel - the San Luis is great. We stayed in Galveston a few years ago in Pointe West - beach house with private beach, Ocean Club/pool. We preferred this. The beach was across the busy Sea Wall from the hotel and was public. Not a nice beach. Doing Florida or Mexico next year!

Room Tip: the upper floors have better views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There has been a record amount of seaweed this year on the beach but the Park Board works diligently to clean the beach daily and the seaweed is also ecologically friendly. We hope that you will make a return visit to Galveston in the early fall when we don't have any seaweed on the beach.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed from a Tuesday to Friday in the condo division of this hotel. The condo itself was very comfortable and clean. The bellhop Moses was fabulous and the coffee bar was good...but thats where the GOOD ends! The front desk staff are very rude and not helpful at all. None of the staff knows ANYTHING about the condos. We were passed from person to person just to find out where we could park in the garage, are there assigned spots? what good is this white card key and the gated entry on the top 3 levels? why are there elevators in the parking garage that go to NOWHERE??? don't waste your time parking in the garage, its very dark and scary after dark and it s much easier to just park in the back parking lot behind the hotel where there is lots of light and space.

if this isn't enough to deter those that get confused easily (like myself) then don't even think about staying here if you have children under the age of 5! don't listen to the staff when they advertise a "kiddy" pool there is NO SUCH THING. a regular swimming pool with a 3' deep entry is NOT a kiddy pool. also, the water slide for "all ages" is very misleading. the tiny plunge pool at the bottom of this slide is 4' deep and not large enough to accommodate several people coming down the slide at one time, which is what their so-called "attendant" lets people do. My 3 yr old daughter that weighs 30 lbs went up the slide and I waited down below to pull her from the water as she came down. I am visibly pregnant and i told the blonde young attendant at the top that i was going to stand in the water and pull her up as she came down. the attendant said ok and smiled at me. at the time there was no one else around the slide or waiting in line. once you leave the stair access to the slide you can't see anyone that enters or exits the slide. even at the top of the slide being at the bottom all you see is their built up rock mountain. the attendant is literally the ONLY person that can see both top and bottom of the slide at the same time. you can't see anyone coming down the slide until they hit the curve at the base of the slide. once i got in position at the bottom she sent down a 14 yr old boy (weighing apx 75 lbs) instead of my 3 yr old. he plummeted into my abdomen with both feet. as i struggled to get out of the 4' deep death trap she just kept sending down more teenage boys which kept knocking me back down under the water. it sent me into automatic full on contractions, you know the kind where you can't speak or breath. the last thing i saw before the boy hit me was her looking down smiling at me knowing i was in the way of the slide exit. I spent the whole rest of the day in labor and delivery at the hospital with pain and contractions. lucky for this hotel it did not send me into active labor. I was released later that night at 1030 pm. what is the point of paying an "attendant" if they just sit there and smile at you while you get hurt??? where is the damn whistle? think how much pain, trauma, and money that tiny whistle would have saved if she had blown one and said MOVE when she knew she wasn't sending my kid down! i know standing down there was a bad idea, but at the time I was thinking about my kid drowning because i couldn't get in the plunge pool fast enough to get her out. a 3 yr old doesn't travel near as far as a teenage boy does exiting a water slide. i ended up with lasting pain, a banged up shoulder, and a bruise on my head. Thank you San Luis for making my first experience at your hotel such a memorable one! I will be sure and NEVER return and tell all my friends as well.

4  Thank monicaschiller

Thank you for your review. Please contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We decided to cut our louisiana trip by two days and head to Galveston for a couple of days of relaxation.we called the night before to make a reservation and to our surprise the gentleman said we are pretty busy right now call back tomorrow morning?? What?? Never thought we would hear that from such a nice resort. Despite the unprofessionalism of the call (still think he could've gave us a personal call back)we saved $60. room wasn't ready when we arrived.yet lovely stay, great service, cool pool.only thing missing from a great hotel.. microwave an fridge! I guess they want you to head to their restaurants if you get hungry. Overall great stay

Room Tip: Double check if room is ready
1  Thank Marie N

Thank you for your review and comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay but we apologize for the phone interaction from one of our associates. This is not our standard of service. We take pride in providing quality accommodations and exceptional service. We thank you for your business and we hope that you can make a return visit to our wonderful resort very soon!