The hotel itself is very nice. However, the seaweed problem this summer was horrible. We did not even set foot on the beach which was very disappointing since we have a pool at home. There was a nice slide at the pool for our kids, and they absolutely loved it. The room was nice, the restaurants were INCREDIBLE. If you want to go to Galveston and stay in a hotel - the San Luis is great. We stayed in Galveston a few years ago in Pointe West - beach house with private beach, Ocean Club/pool. We preferred this. The beach was across the busy Sea Wall from the hotel and was public. Not a nice beach. Doing Florida or Mexico next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston